This discussion is closed.
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by dylan plant)
where did you learn that?
Med School, in an nationwide epidemiological study of lung cancer patients.
dylan plant
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
you however, are breaching everyones rights by smoking in public places, everyone has the right to breathe clean air, and you by smoking are taking away that right!
I'd say it depends on how close you are to the smoker.
curryADD
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
smoking is filthy

stay in cornwall
and i dont mean to be mean niknak, but honestly, america is one big manchester, and in all but a couple of states (like texas) you cant smoke in resturants and bars, ect. nobody likes a smoker, they smell bad.......
gemgems89
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ok, Ok, sorry nicholas!!!
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I hate smoking personaly I would like to see it made competly ilegal in clubs. Smoke is the worst part of clubbing.

I have a very strict anti smoking policy. If I am on the top deck and people start smoking I tell them to stop it.
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
you however, are breaching everyones rights by smoking in public places, everyone has the right to breathe clean air, and you by smoking are taking away that right!
People have the right to smoke, but not the right to smoke wherever they like.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)
Ok, Ok, sorry nicholas!!!
Lol,

you better not try that on me.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'd say it depends on how close you are to the smoker.
no it doesnt......if people are smoking around you, its nearly impossible to breathe clean air. smoking is gross, and disgusting, and it makes your teeth yellow! plus it gives you lung cancer....
Anna
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
smoking is filthy

stay in cornwall
smoking is horrible. I don't really have any friends that smoke, so when people smoke around me...i start to feel a bit dizzy..
Anna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
no it doesnt......if people are smoking around you, its nearly impossible to breathe clean air. smoking is gross, and disgusting, and it makes your teeth yellow! plus it gives you lung cancer....
right on curry!
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Anna)
smoking is horrible. I don't really have any friends that smoke, so when people smoke around me...i start to feel a bit dizzy..
me too....i get really bad headaches too......i wish i still lived in california, where it was perfectly ok and accepted to walk up to random people who are smoking and saying stuff, like think dont smoke, and then smashing their cigarette....
dylan plant
Report 16 years ago
me too....i get really bad headaches too......i wish i still lived in california, where it was perfectly ok and accepted to walk up to random people who are smoking and saying stuff, like think dont smoke, and then smashing their cigarette....
Is that really legal?
nikk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I am completely disgusted at some of the reactions I have had off people on here as soon as they realised I smoked.

Yes I smoke, but I am also considerate for other people. For example, I would never smoke when people are eating or I am around food. If someone asks me not to smoke then I won't. I don't even smoke in my own house so not to annoy people, I will stand outside.

I am not happy AT ALL!
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Is that really legal?
in california your not allowed to smoke in public places, so yes, people actually encouraged it....*shrugs* its a good way to get them to stop.
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
apart from the damage it does to your body it also makes your clothes smell awful. i hate picking up my clothes in the morning after the night before since they still smell awful
Anna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by NikNak)
I am completely disgusted at some of the reactions I have had off people on here as soon as they realised I smoked.

Yes I smoke, but I am also considerate for other people. For example, I would never smoke when people are eating or I am around food. If someone asks me not to smoke then I won't. I don't even smoke in my own house so not to annoy people, I will stand outside.

I am not happy AT ALL!
aww,don't worry we know your considerate. Just because you smoke doesn't make you a bad person, it just ruins your health...and thats whats bad about it. We all love you! Be Happy!
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by NikNak)

I am not happy AT ALL!
i am completely disgusted that people smoke......i have an uncle who smokes and it makes me sick every time i see him.....i love him so MUCH. but hugging him is like smoking a cigarette....

but its all my dads fault, he got his younger brother to start, and now he cant quit, my dad could quit though.
dylan plant
Report 16 years ago
in california your not allowed to smoke in public places, so yes, people actually encouraged it....*shrugs* its a good way to get them to stop.
interesting.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Anna)
aww,don't worry we know your considerate. Just because you smoke doesn't make you a bad person, it just ruins your health...and thats whats bad about it. We all love you! Be Happy!
yes we love you, but we dont want you to die from smoking!
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yes we love you, but we dont want you to die from smoking!
Yeah!

And I was only observing that smoking makes you smell. And that it's not good for your health.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (59)
13.41%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (57)
12.95%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (168)
38.18%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (46)
10.45%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (87)
19.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
5.23%

Watched Threads