Turn on thread page Beta

My chance in the pool watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    You are stupid for stressing - they cannot retract an offer because of that e-mail. The worst they can say is you must do all the exams, in which case you can still drop the history, go and write your name on the paper in June - heck even answer a couple of questions for fun and get an E.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaF)
    As for Brave or Stupid? I'd say inquistive, remember that bravery is just glorified stupidity.

My offer was AAA(Maths,physics,chemistry) but it was on the condition that I sat all the exams listed on section 7b of my UCAS form. I sent an e-mail on New Years Day asking could I drop A2 History. I don't think that will go down too well and I've convinced myself they will either:

a) Insist I sit A2 History
    b) Add A2 History to my offer
    c) Retract my offer :eek:
    d) Say yeah ok - drop it

Being such a paranoid loser I am losing sleep over my e-mail. Good luck with your application.
    She has emailed me back already!!! Very nice reply actually. more than I expected- told me that yes,law is very competitive, but that she hopes I get reinterviewed, and told me that I'll do well wherever I go, because "there is something about you that I can't just put my finger on"
    What on earth does that mean?

ReputationRep:
    In pop idol it's called 'the x factor'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaF)
    As for Brave or Stupid? I'd say inquistive, remember that bravery is just glorified stupidity.

My offer was AAA(Maths,physics,chemistry) but it was on the condition that I sat all the exams listed on section 7b of my UCAS form. I sent an e-mail on New Years Day asking could I drop A2 History. I don't think that will go down too well and I've convinced myself they will either:

a) Insist I sit A2 History
    b) Add A2 History to my offer
    c) Retract my offer :eek:
    d) Say yeah ok - drop it

Being such a paranoid loser I am losing sleep over my e-mail. Good luck with your application.
    Either A or D will happen -- there is no chance whatsoever of them retracting your offer or changing their offer. If they say A then I suppose you could always drop it but sit the exam anyway -- you might fail dismally, but so what if it's not part of the offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sazzle)
    In pop idol it's called 'the x factor'
    Nah she was probably just being nice
    Like my tecahers......well We thought you'd get, blah .blah .blah!!! I just want an interview to prove that I do deserve a place, I know Tek will call me stupid but Oh well, stupidity has never hurt me before, I just call it bravery with a smile on my face!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jade)
    Nah she was probably just being nice
    Like my tecahers......well We thought you'd get, blah .blah .blah!!! I just want an interview to prove that I do deserve a place, I know Tek will call me stupid but Oh well, stupidity has never hurt me before, I just call it bravery with a smile on my face!!!
    i got a call today, i've got two more interviews - eek!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fred86)
    Well done- are they supposed to call Mon to Weds??

ReputationRep:
    Well done!! For what subject and which interview?

Good luck!!

xx

ReputationRep:
    Fred86 - did they just call once and tell you that you were up for two interviews or did they each phone separately? Which colleges (assuming they are two colleges and not one doing two interviews) are interviewing you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexander)
    Either A or D will happen -- there is no chance whatsoever of them retracting your offer or changing their offer. If they say A then I suppose you could always drop it but sit the exam anyway -- you might fail dismally, but so what if it's not part of the offer.
    I have allready posted a thread with my intention of "sitting the exam" eg turning up and then failing but thanks to all those who suggested it. I believe the sayings is "great minds think alike"

Jade - You needn't have worried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tnacilppa)
    Fred86 - did they just call once and tell you that you were up for two interviews or did they each phone separately? Which colleges (assuming they are two colleges and not one doing two interviews) are interviewing you?
    nope 2 interviews for one college! (newnham - engineering)

ReputationRep:
    Is it true that if you hear sooner, they want you more? As in, they are dealing with the better people first...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Is it true that if you hear sooner, they want you more? As in, they are dealing with the better people first...
    I think they will let the people who are to be interviewed soon know faster, and it'll very much vary depending on the college and course.

ReputationRep:
    nope 2 interviews for one college! (newnham - engineering)
    So you're not a boy-Fred ?!?

ReputationRep:
    When they pick up students from the pool, do they look at your first choice of college as well?eg. if two people are the same but one is pooled from Emma or Christ's but the other one is pooled from New Hall or Homerton. Is there a difference?

ReputationRep:
    it seems nobody knows the answer.

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to get more than one re-interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goat)
    Is it possible to get more than one re-interview?
    yes, my friend reccieved a call giving her two today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quantiannihai?)
    yes, my friend reccieved a call giving her two today.
    I mean two different colleges.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goat)
    I mean two different colleges.
    Unlikely but yes - it can happen that 2 colleges pick up a pooled application and both want interviews. one of my friends had an interview at one college, was stuck in a taxi and sent straight off to another for their interviews. One or none will accpet you though, I don't think you get a choice!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.