Turn on thread page Beta

Ibiza watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wayne_cramp)
    perhaps you should inform your friend that water is also accessible from a tap. Judging from the fact that they went to Ibiza, they were probably of such low intelleigence that they did not realise this. And of course this information you have provided would be completely useless anyway.
    And possibly you should be informed that you shouldn't drink the tap water in Ibiza anyway... nice one on showing yourself up

ReputationRep:
    I think its recommended that when you go ANYWHERE its best to drink bottled water.. different countries add different chemicals, filter their tap water differently etc and if yer not used to it it can mess up yer stomach...

best to be safe

ReputationRep:
    I did the 18-30's holiday back when I was 18. There were 8 of us and we went to Majorca. I lost a stone in weight whilst I was there and felt like I needed a holiday when I returned, but I had a great time too.

I have to say it was an experience and, although I'll never do that kind of holiday again, it certainly isn't something I would have wanted to miss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wayne_cramp)
    No, you 'jog on'. That was obviously a typo, and that it was all you could pick up on only reiterates my point. While we are on the subject, your grammar is poor. Your sentence should have a semi colon, not a comma. However this most evidently is not a typo, but merely your poor standard of English. However what can one expect from a lad from Durham.
    Hmmm, excuse me but how has being from Durham got anything to do with poor standards of English?

Edit: You really shouldn't tar everyone with the same brush!

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, I don't get the whole "lets go to spain and hang out in English bars" phenom that exists in this country. Ibiza is for clubbing, and not hanging out in Ye Olde Englyshe Pubbe in downtown San An. Go to Magaluf, or Tenerife. Stop ruining Ibiza with your England tshirts, tattoos and football songs.

That's my 2 cents.

ReputationRep:
    Im going to magaluf on Sun! Give me a hell yeah!

ReputationRep:
    hell? yeah!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thealchemist)
    Im going to magaluf on Sun! Give me a hell yeah!
    Better known as Shagaluf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cortez)
    Better known as Shagaluf
    hehe :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by segat1)
    Seriously, I don't get the whole "lets go to spain and hang out in English bars" phenom that exists in this country. Ibiza is for clubbing, and not hanging out in Ye Olde Englyshe Pubbe in downtown San An. Go to Magaluf, or Tenerife. Stop ruining Ibiza with your England tshirts, tattoos and football songs.

That's my 2 cents.
    This post doesn't make much sense. Quite a few of the clubs are run by British managers so in what way does going to a bar or a club make any difference? In either case, you're hardly sampling the local culture are you?

ReputationRep:
    Of course it makes sense! Why go on holiday to another country to experience the same pubs/experience as you do at home? Why not just stay in England? I don't think you can argue that the clubs in Ibiza are as good as the ones in England.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by segat1)
    Of course it makes sense! Why go on holiday to another country to experience the same pubs/experience as you do at home? Why not just stay in England? I don't think you can argue that the clubs in Ibiza are as good as the ones in England.
    True but you were also complaining about English tourists acting very ummm "English". I don't think going to a club will help that. Considering the fact that a lot of the clubs like Cream, Pacha or Space have their equivalent in the UK, you'd be just as British going to one of these clubs.

ReputationRep:
    The whole west end is area is pretty much the same, cheap drinks and rather 'friendly' girls, I'd suggest you just cruise from club to club as most give you a free shot or two when you enter.

However the west end does get a bit tedious after a while, so I suggest you spend at least 3 nights in the big clubs (Amnesia, Privilage, Pacha, Eden etc) also check out Space in Playa d'en Bossa (a bus away from San An), I think Carl Cox still resides there. Another place to visit is the bars on Sunset Strip which includes the legendary Cafe del Mar aswell as a host of other bars which are, imo, better.

Have fun!

ReputationRep:
    I went to Ibiza once a place called Es Cana which was a lovely place, a very small (but with the stuff you'd need) quiet town, the ocean was beautiful just very peaceful.
    That's the sort of holiday I like, alot of people were foreign whereas I normally prefer a place with more natives but it was still great. Except the actual site we stayed on *grumbles*

But the places like San Antonio, we did go up there to watch a fireworks thing but just for one night. It's not my sort of place and I hate the way it makes us a country look, Faliraki is prob worse tho. Anyway if people want to be drunkards and ****s, why not do it at home?

ReputationRep:
    Totally agree with you Sorani!

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.