The Student Room Group

RTS kit list

I was given my kit list on PRTC the other week and one item that confused me was food bags (various sizes). What are these for exactly?

cheers
Keeping things dry in your bags when out in the field. Ziplock bags, big ones, are really good for this.
ProStacker
Keeping things dry in your bags when out in the field. Ziplock bags, big ones, are really good for this.

Thats spot on Pro Staker.
Nothing worse than wet socks and undercrackers when you want to change into dry kit!
Reply 4
Something like this? Ziplock Bags

or would these be too small, or big?
Reply 5
cheers!

Got some of them anyway
Reply 6
Just go to Tesco and get large resealable sandwich bags. Cheap and cheerful.
Reply 7
The Halton list is way out dated!

Loads of useless stuff on there, or just things that take ages to find at home that can be bought at the NAAFI. Like the white socks, it says 7 or something, but you are issued socks for PT, so just bring like 4 pairs for wearing in the block. Dont take too many clothes, just a couple of decent sets for wearing out at night and the rest as just shorts and t-shirts for hanging around in.
Ozzman
The Halton list is way out dated!

Loads of useless stuff on there, or just things that take ages to find at home that can be bought at the NAAFI. Like the white socks, it says 7 or something, but you are issued socks for PT, so just bring like 4 pairs for wearing in the block. Dont take too many clothes, just a couple of decent sets for wearing out at night and the rest as just shorts and t-shirts for hanging around in.

Ozzman,
The Halton list is way out dated! ????

Can I ask when you passed out from Basic Training? i.e. how long ago? As I would be interested to know.
Reply 9
Another point to remember, the more shyte you take, the more work you'll have when it comes to tidying your locker.
They are used for your kit when on exercuse blue warrior
Original post by Jimted92
They are used for your kit when on exercuse blue warrior

This thread was 8 years ago.

Quick Reply

Latest