Miss.P
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
hey ppl,
well jus finished my as's got 4 A's!
and i have no clue what 2 drop!
im doin media, psychology, sociology and business!
which 1 is least respected out of dem?
and i wana do Law in uni!
henryt
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well - if you have no clue, you should probably drop what is least respected (I have no information on that kind of stuff - you'll have to get it from someone else, sorry!), or what you enjoy least!
abc101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Congrats on your 4 As!

Well Media Studies and Business Studies I know aren't accepted at LSE, unless you have say Media and then two 'traditional' subjects, eg. History, English Lit and Media. I think most unis accept Sociology and Psychology but I'm not sure!

I think Media is prob the least respected of them so perhaps you should drop that. Really depends on what is your fave subject though and what unis you are thinking of applying to.
~Bex~
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
media is definitely the least respected, although I wouldn't base your choice solely on that. If there's one you enjoy less take that into consideration, or if there's one where you only just scraped an A, while with the others you got fairly comfortable A's, you may want to consider that.
liverpool
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
getting 4 As i woundnt drop any

but if u had 2 look at unis u wanna go into and see what they dont need for law
baldsoup
Report 13 years ago
Which unis are you thinking of applying? You're actually doing four "soft" subjects, so unis might not like that... though you got four As, which is good
Miss.P
Rep:
?
hmm yeah alot of ppl i have asked also said media, although i enjoy media, if it means im put at a disadvantage when applying to a uni (good uni) then i am willing to drop it..im def not applyin 2 LSE..i got no chance! but im going to apply to kings, ucl, queen marys as my top 3 choices!.. den city and brunel!
Miss.P
Rep:
?
(Original post by liverpool)
getting 4 As i woundnt drop any

but if u had 2 look at unis u wanna go into and see what they dont need for law
yeah i was thinking of keeping all 4..but no point when uni's ony require 3, yeah im going to call unis up
Lil Lee Lee
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I kept on all 4, It gives you a better chance of getting the required grades and shows dedication. Plus, I figured it was just as much work taking on another AS. If you got 4 As, I'd keep all of them on and if you decide you want to drop one later on you can (as long as you do before you apply to unis)
kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
In terms of respectability, from most respected to least respected, they probably go psychology, sociology, business studies, media studies, but you said you enjoy media and that's the most important thing. Just drop the one you enjoy least and/or got the lowest A in.
*River
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Maybe start with all four, and then if it gets too much then drop one. If you're finding it hard to drop one because you enjoy them all then you'll probably be motivated to work hard to keep on top of everything.
ryan342
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well you're doing all the so-called 'easy' ones do I personally would keep all 4, especially if you want to do law. Most decent law tutors hate your subjects and so having one extra, and potentially standing out would be advantagous.
Akhoza
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by xxnizxx)
hey ppl,
well jus finished my as's got 4 A's!
and i have no clue what 2 drop!
im doin media, psychology, sociology and business!
which 1 is least respected out of dem?
and i wana do Law in uni!
They all seem easy subjects i wud say it wudnt matter coz theyre all least respected from the possible A level choices u cud av mde u shud av piked english for a lvel law
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (905)
79.95%
Leave (227)
20.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed