Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying Law with the OU and would like to find people who's also studying law as cos I study with the OU it's more self-learning and I don't get chance to meet people studying the same course.

ReputationRep:
    what type of law do you study? as i study criminal law

ReputationRep:
    well you've came to the right sub-forum lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying law with the OU. We're just looking at the English Legal system at the moment. Haven't really gone into a particular area of law just yet... though our next unit is on EU Law... fun! LOL. As I study part-time I don't know anyone to talk to about my studies.... I've spoken to my friends and family but they always come back with 'errrrr' lol.

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying Law part time at Birkbeck - I'm just finishing my 2nd year - Only two to go !!!!

Do you just do one module a year at OU? Won't it take you ages to finish it. I did 3 modules in 1st year and 4 this year (2 of those were half options)

ReputationRep:
    I don't know exactly what it does, but I do a course a year, worth 60points... which means I need to do 6 years in total. I've already passed my first and now in the middle of my second. We have 4 compulsory courses to do, 2 at level 2 and 2 at level 3. I'm doing my first compulsory course at level 2 atm. It's mainly all computer based though and we have about 1 tutorial a month.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinker_Bell)
    I don't know exactly what it does, but I do a course a year, worth 60points... which means I need to do 6 years in total. I've already passed my first and now in the middle of my second. We have 4 compulsory courses to do, 2 at level 2 and 2 at level 3. I'm doing my first compulsory course at level 2 atm. It's mainly all computer based though and we have about 1 tutorial a month.
    Will that give you a QLD? Does it cover all of the courses that are compulsory for a QLD?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it does, it must do. We had to attend a day at a College of Law the other week for it to become qualifying... we got a little certificate to say we attended.

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I study law, only at A level though atm, last year so pressure is on! xXx

ReputationRep:
    What you doing after you've done your A levels? How you finding it?

ReputationRep:
    I study law and I regret putting more thought into choosing the right university for the subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don't Lets Start)
    I study law and I regret putting more thought into choosing the right university for the subject.
    It's not just you, many don't actually realise how important university is in law. I certainly didn't. It's a sad tale, since other professions don't care as much, but this is the legal profession - snooty by nature *tuts*

ReputationRep:
    why do you say that? in any case you're sorted as a lawyer at a russell group uni..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ICQ)
    why do you say that? in any case you're sorted as a lawyer at a russell group uni..
    For me personally I knew that prestige was a factor, but I didn't know that it was such a big deal. I went to a state school so wasn't very well informed, all I was told was get into a 'redbrick' and you're sorted to be a lawyer. Now that I want to be a barrister, it's not as rosy as once thought. By all means Birmingham has great law department, but had I known I maybe would have applied to Oxbridge, which I didn't do for various reasons, namely financial and family.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 25, 2010

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.