He's going to dump me, isn't he? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
On anon please.

I know you’re all thinking, not this kind of thread again, but I could really use some advice…

Okay, basically I met this really nice guy last week and we talked all night and kissed in the end and have been dating ever since. Everything is going really well, butttt…
I live in continental Europe atm, but am going to study in London next year. And he doesn’t know this yet. I’m going to tell him tomorrow. “Hey babe, I love you, but within 4 months I’ll be gone.”
London’s really close from where I live, it’s less than 2hours, but I definitely won’t come back more than once every two months or so (since I want to enjoy uni life and eurostar is quite expensive too). And I’m just not into long distance relationships either.

I have no idea how he’s going to react. I mean, it’s not like we now each other that well, and I’m ok with it becoming a ‘summer thing’. But I don’t know about him…

How would you react?
Anonymous #1
bump
fox_the_fix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Just have fun for 4 months and then move on.
polaroid13
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Exactly what the fox_the_fix said to be honest. Or ask if he's interested in a LDR?
HighestKungFu
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
This isn't going to last - just enjoy it why it does.
SpiritedAway
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If you still feel like that after 4 months, it won't work, the relationship is too young and you don't sound like you want it to work. So yeah, don't string him along and tell him the facts, and hopefully have some fun for 4 months.
goodmen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If he's a guy I'm pretty sure he is going to be loving free sex for 4 months. Don't worry about it,.
phen
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Just see how long it lasts? It would be ridiculous to prepare him for something like this if the relationship doesn't even last 2 months.

Enjoy it while it does last.. it's not like every relationship has to go on for years.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by phen)
Just see how long it lasts? It would be ridiculous to prepare him for something like this if the relationship doesn't even last 2 months.

Enjoy it while it does last.. it's not like every relationship has to go on for years.
I know. But I can't just lie about it, can I? What if it does last longer and I'll have to tell him then? Wouldn't that make things worse?
murpo
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
yep he is gunna dump you....NEXT! *Waits for next thread to show off my psychic skills*
M1F2R3
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Dumped.
johnboy1987
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
i cant believe you met this guy last week yet your in love?

you deserve to be dumped
johnboy1987
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by goodmen)
If he's a guy I'm pretty sure he is going to be loving free sex for 4 months. Don't worry about it,.
free sex?

you normally pay for yours then :yep:
goodmen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by johnboy1987)
free sex?

you normally pay for yours then :yep:
Wining and dining a girl cost money brah.
phen
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I know. But I can't just lie about it, can I? What if it does last longer and I'll have to tell him then? Wouldn't that make things worse?
Lying about it isn't a good idea either, yeah. It really depends on how you're gonna bring this.. you could talk about how excited you are about going to university and he'll probably ask about what and where and then you'll just tell him. That's probably going to come across way different than "yea, so.. I will be leaving this place after 4 months, so this relationship's going to end".

I'm not sure how good of an advisor I am. Not that good, I'm afraid.
xblueprints
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Is it only me who would find it weird saying "I love you" to someone after a week?
ac132
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You met last week. Why are you already thinking about four months time, or saying that you love him? Yes, he will run a mile if you say that. As would anyone.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (154)
45.43%
Pro-humanity (185)
54.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed