?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
**** posted twice, disregard this
miranda-ae
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
All the Ivy Leagues that aren't Yarvard - Brown, Penn state, Princeton, Columbia etc.
vnupe
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by yankeechic321)
**** posted twice, disregard this
I guess any well regarded Non-Ivy League University.. but why would that be important?
yankeechic321
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
(Original post by vnupe)
I guess any well regarded Non-Ivy League University.. but why would that be important?
cuz i'm from the states and tryin' to assess how well an LSE grad degree will be received in the job sector in comparison to the US schools I am more familiar with
vnupe
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
cuz i'm from the states and tryin' to assess how well an LSE grad degree will be received in the job sector in comparison to the US schools I am more familiar with
Ok, then in that case.... I assume you are doing something business related? Even if you aren't LSE has a high value name in the US (and the rest of the world) with a degree from LSE you might even be at an advantage compared to your colleagues that attended US universities, because it shows you in an international vein
yankeechic321
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
(Original post by vnupe)
Ok, then in that case.... I assume you are doing something business related? Even if you aren't LSE has a high value name in the US (and the rest of the world) with a degree from LSE you might even be at an advantage compared to your colleagues that attended US universities, because it shows you in an international vein
let's hope I have an international vein- my career field is International Development that said, I've been accepted into MSc Social Policy & Development- it seems that many Americans haven't heard of LSE~ I'm hoping the one year program and lack of "name power" among many Americans here won't inhibit my job opps later down the line.... especially since I'm paying crap loads for it
vnupe
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
let's hope I have an international vein- my career field is International Development that said, I've been accepted into MSc Social Policy & Development- it seems that many Americans haven't heard of LSE~ I'm hoping the one year program and lack of "name power" among many Americans here won't inhibit my job opps later down the line.... especially since I'm paying crap loads for it
Though 'many Americans' haven't heard of it, your prospective employers will have heard of it, trust me... if they haven't (depending on the job) then you don't want to work for that organization... I would put LSE on par with the Politics (and courses of that ilk) courses taught at Harvard's Kennedy School of Public Policy (or what ever its called) or Univ. of Georgetown, which are two of the best schools in the US in that area... You will be well served going to LSE...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1199)
79.56%
Leave (308)
20.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed