The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
biology- very good
chemistry- very good
physics- very good
maths very good
SmileyGurl13
which boards are the hardest for maths, physics and chem?

um from what ive researched my-self(according to stats) and form teachers for maths is ocr mei (must be mei).

from what our teachers tell us ocr is hardest for a-level sciences, however i had a mock interview with a former admissions tutor (apparently he enjoyed it) and he said that in terms of gcse grades they found it extremely hard to judge aqa students because they believed that an A*s in aqa would only be worth a B for the ocr course in terms of difficulty, and said that although AS weren't a priority, they helped alot to judge studnets who took aqa gcse, because even if its easier a good student and a great student would have similar grades, i doubt aqa a-levels sciences are like this.

i saw some of the aqa science questions and i wouldn't exactly say it was easier, i think its how the questions are asked thats different but for maths mei was horrible, for a mock we didnt revise for i got a C, the teacher gave us an aqa one to practise on and i got 87% :s-smilie:
CHILLIN-DRAGON
um from what ive researched my-self(according to stats) and form teachers for maths is ocr mei (must be mei).

from what our teachers tell us ocr is hardest for a-level sciences, however i had a mock interview with a former admissions tutor (apparently he enjoyed it) and he said that in terms of gcse grades they found it extremely hard to judge aqa students because they believed that an A*s in aqa would only be worth a B for the ocr course in terms of difficulty, and said that although AS weren't a priority, they helped alot to judge studnets who took aqa gcse, because even if its easier a good student and a great student would have similar grades, i doubt aqa a-levels sciences are like this.

i saw some of the aqa science questions and i wouldn't exactly say it was easier, i think its how the questions are asked thats different but for maths mei was horrible, for a mock we didnt revise for i got a C, the teacher gave us an aqa one to practise on and i got 87% :s-smilie:

uhm, what about edexcel?
Mally-xo

I'm with Edexcel, and they suckkkk! I swear the course is way to hard and waaaaay to long to learn properly lol :woo: what about you?
I just don't get Hess Law! I've been over it a trillion times and I'm still like 'wtf'?

I heard that edexcel papers are much easier than others, and btw, Hess's law is really easy when you understand the concept. I also knew it just two days back. All you need to know is what the enthalpies are and how to use them (if you know how to define them its fine).
btw, the 3B & 6B was really tough this time.
Domo-Kun
Jus askin how people doing things like bio, chem, physics n maths are
finding revision.

Maths- Awesome
Physics- Woot
Biology- LOL Got the whole module done exactly 30 days before the exam day.
Further maths: Working on hyperbolic functions meh...
:eek3:
Oasis Jnr
biology- very good
chemistry- very good
physics- very good
maths very good

wish I could say the same about mine too. but then again, didnt occur to me earlier to start revision.
Reply 86
Hey, im sorry I know this is not the relavent forum, but seeing as this is the most active forum going on right now, I have a question:

Suppose I score 42/50 (73/100 UMS) B, with grade boundary 45 for an A, suppose the grade boundary went down to 44, will my UMS mark go up to say 74/75??

I would appreciate if any1 answers this....
sorry again, I know this is not the relavent forum to ask this :smile:
C2 is okay, apart from I'm always dropping marks on logarithm questions
C1 I haven't looked at, at all but I think I can remember most of it, so should be okay
S1 is my last exam so I haven't looked at it at all. But I have a whole week to spend on it after half term
Phy1 is okay. Particle and Quantum is good but I'm not always getting the electricity stuff
Chem1 is very good. Fully understand all the concepts just hoping for a descent paper
Chem2 is my second to last exam so again, I'll revise closer to the time
Reply 88
Mally-xo

I'm with Edexcel, and they suckkkk! I swear the course is way to hard and waaaaay to long to learn properly lol :woo: what about you?
I just don't get Hess Law! I've been over it a trillion times and I'm still like 'wtf'?

i do OCR salters, i hate it have to learn all about the background 'story of chemistry'. Good luck with hess!
Reply 89
Core 1 - Should be fine, getting over 90% on most past papers. Done every past paper in existance :P

Statistics 1 - Again should be fine, getting 80 + % on most papers, just need to have a read over my book. Again done pretty much ever past paper.

Core 2 - Not too bad, just need to relearn chapter 10 but I think I'm okay with most of it. Probably need to go over things more if I want a confirmed B/A.

Chemistry - 4 chapters. Revised 1/2 of chapter 3 and 2 and am doing chapter 4 at the moment, probably need to hurry up a bit.

Biology - Revised about 1/2 of what I need for the exam.

Physics - Probably revised about half of what I need.

Still 3 weeks of study leave until Bio, Chem, Phys and Core 2 so hopefully I'll have revised it all by then. :smile:
TheDustyKid
OMG YOU'RE TAKING THE SAME SUBJECTS AS ME!! :biggrin:

the pic in your sig is awsome:rolleyes:
Reply 91
Edexcel

C1: Doing okay, but I want perfect score (high competition in my college)
C2: Won't bother for now, since it's in June 9
M1: Pretty good so far, except for the occasional careless mistakes
S1: Doing okay, boring though.
Physics: Still need to brush up.
Chemistry: Worst subject so far... and exam's tomorrow... :woo:
Reply 92
obviouslystudying
wish I could say the same about mine too. but then again, didnt occur to me earlier to start revision.

it really depends on the person coz i have mate who always starts his revision a week before the exam and does relatively well but could do better

revising earlier is better coz when you go through it again then it'll be easy as ABC:biggrin:
Biology- Ok-ish, I haven't done nearly as much as I should have done./ I feel ok about Ecosystems and the 'Responding to the Environment' stuff but a bit dodgy on the other 2

Chemistry- Mixed. I like rates of reaction and some of the second module stuff but I can't do entropy or electrode potentials and I still can't get my head around spectroscopy and organic chem for my retake! :s-smilie:

Maths C4, FP1, S1- Ok, a few things I need to go over but going fairly well atm :smile:

Maths D2- Lots of practice needed

Maths FP2, FP3- Kill me now

General Studies- Don't see what I can do to prepare really...

Latest