Turn on thread page Beta

Is it short week or something? / What's wrong with being short? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Seriously.

Have people just stopped caring about being fat now? and want to focus on their height and not waistline?

I've just seen tons of threads about this the past few days and it can all be summed up in one simple line;

NO-ONE CARES !!!

and as I've said it before - people only dislike short people in that they hate people who have a thing against the world for being short, and oh woe is me, I'm short (when often, they are just below average)

and it's mostly men doing the complaining, it's like sheesh

and then you get the women who moan (girls who are like 5'3 - that's not short, my ex was 4'9 that is short) why? petite is awesome. you can fit in suitcases like my friend

but I digress.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5ft1 and I kinda don't care anymore about being short. Can't change it, so might as well embrace it.

ReputationRep:
    Im 5ft2 and happy with my height.. just gets really annoying after a while of people telling me everyday how short I am like I dont already know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RubyxRed)
    Im 5ft2 and happy with my height.. just gets really annoying after a while of people telling me everyday how short I am like I dont already know!
    What annoys me, is how others care about my height more than I do?

I'm just below average for UK people [5'8]

and I've had a few comments from tall guys who are like, ohh .. sucks to be you, or whatever, and I'm like - how??!! It's never effected me in a negative way

ReputationRep:
    I was also wondering where all the short threads have suddenly come from.
    Pretty weird...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)

and I've had a few comments from tall guys who are like, ohh .. sucks to be you, or whatever, and I'm like - how??!! It's never effected me in a negative way
    Yeah, which is why you've created a thread on shortness and how utterly totally completely unimportant it is and how you really really really don't care, right?

Good sir doth protest too much, methinks.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a problem with people who are short. Those who do, aren't worth being around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeylfc1989)
    Waahhhh Waahhhh Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh

Joking...

Really...
    yeh but you're from liverpool
    waahahahahahahaaaaaaa lulz

ReputationRep:
    For once, Adonis, I agree with you!

ReputationRep:
    lol, just rebooted MS-DOS and reinstalled Netscape, I still can't see the punch line?
    it was about you being from liverpool, I think

ReputationRep:
    You should just rise above the short threads. They're of little consequence. Be the bigger man.

They seem to be from people suffering from a complex about their height more than anything, and as has been said, there's little reason to be so concerned about it - it's not a big issue, after all.

ReputationRep:
    more pics of suitcasegirl.

ReputationRep:
    Cool, so I guess it wasn't funny then.
    depends if you live in the punchline

hehorhehorhehor!

I'm 5'6" but I'm still fighting the truth. :nopity:

ReputationRep:
    I know, guys complain around here about being like 5ft7, that's bloody tall in Wales!
    I only allow you guys to complain if you are 5ft5 or under, and even then quit complaining it doesn't really matter.
    Although I have kind of noticed that short fellas tend to buff themselves up alot, as if they are striving to be wider than they are tall or something.

ReputationRep:
    Im 5ft 10/11 ish which is tall for a girl, and i used to be self concious about my height when i was like 15/16, then i realised no one actually gave a ****. Its not something you can change, be happy who you are tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachesishere)
    I know, guys complain around here about being like 5ft7, that's bloody tall in Wales!
    I only allow you guys to complain if you are 5ft5 or under, and even then quit complaining it doesn't really matter.
    Although I have kind of noticed that short fellas tend to buff themselves up alot, as if they are striving to be wider than they are tall or something.
    what? 5ft7 in wales is tall for men or women?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)

5'8?

So which of the 7 are you? im thinking angry? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i love small people
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm a guy and I'm 5 ft 5 1/2 Far too many people DO notice it to be honest, even though it's not something that I can change

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.