My mates going out with a girl I love Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
anonymous because she uses this site.

Basically I really liked this girl in my college. She wasn't in any of my classes, and I did not know her at all. I tried once or twice to go up to her and talk to her but she blanked me. (Yeah, she's pretty stuck up)

However I really liked this girl. I'm not saying as in 'oh damn she's fit', she genuinly softened my heart because of her attractive looks and 'hard to get' personality, i.e. not having a load of guys with her. In fact, she didn't even talk to any guys.

I told all my mates how much I liked her, and they all tried to hook me up on her but failed all the time. I'm pretty sure she knows I like her.

Then out the blue, my long time school time buddy, and former best friend makes a move on her and is successful. He started to chat to her and managed to get her number. The two are now checking and I no longer speak to him.

I know she was never mine, but I am geniunly heart broken, how could a mate get on someone I liked so much right in my face. The funny thing is, he doesn't even like her as much as I do. He just wants to 'shag' her and use her for bragging rights, whereas I have a genuine feeling for her.

This is a depressing point in my life. Anybody give me any advice on what the hell I'm suppose to do.

polaroid13
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What a ******** move on your so called friend's part.
But I would say that you will have to move on.
A girl that wouldn't even give you the time of day, isn't worth moping about.
It can be pretty obvious when a guy just wants you for sex, so if she's picked up on these signals and still is with him, then it says everything you need to know.
You can't do anything and you shouldn't either. Just stay away from them.
And talk to other girls.
I know it's easier said than done, but that's all you can you do.
Thomassss
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
That is the pain of life....

Which suggests human are put on earth for a greater purpose other than just pursue girls...
mike1989
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Grow a pair.

You should of sucked it up and made a move, your mate had more balls than you, learn from this for next time it ever happens.

Your growing into a man and one of the steps is taking risks and doing what you feel like regardless of the consequences.
dukeofgrove
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by mike1989)
Grow a pair.
:gthumb:
skotch
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by mike1989)
Grow a pair.

You should of sucked it up and made a move, your mate had more balls than you, learn from this for next time it ever happens.

Your growing into a man and one of the steps is taking risks and doing what you feel like regardless of the consequences.
:rofl: hahahaha
polaroid13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by DanChorley)
This is a different situation but a similar ending to what happened recently to me
:console:
:hugs:

I don't understand girls who do this either tbh. I would never go out with a guy if I knew his best mate fancied me.
Unless I really really liked said guy and I knew he really really liked me back and it would end up being a long term thing.
I just wouldn't want to be known as the whore that came in between them. And if it went all horribly wrong with the relationship, just imagine the *****ing sessions they could have, when they become mates again! :eek3:
Discudvayne
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hire a very attractive prostitute and use her for 'bragging rights'. Everyone will be like 'OMG! He got some bare fit pussy, in it. He must have something goin on for him. Maybe I'll shag him'. Perhaps they won't use those words, but you get my drift...
Tinker_Bell
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It just seems to me that you've chosen the wrong girl. Don't let this change you, you seem like a genuine guy.
LaughingBro
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
How did you guys fall out?
Sophia_And_Me
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
sorry , sounds awful

well there's not much you can do about it. sooner or later she'll understand what your "friend" is like.
polaroid13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ahha cheers
But my situation was massively different, and I was pretty involved until one of my so called best friends decided to do things behind my back.
But it all turned around and kicked him in the face fairly recently and he's lost a lot of friends because of it.
Ironically the best friend of the girl who I was involved with then told me she liked me, and the girl herself knew this. But I made it clear to both of them that it would be wrong for us to do anything... Sad it doesn't work both ways, but that's life.

As for the people above... extremely harsh responses. Sure he didn't make a move, but it's not always as simple as that. It sounds like he made attempts at it...

DC

What whores. I had this friend who would start shagging all her friends boyfriends (well ex's) as soon as they broke up. It was so weird.
Yeh, it takes balls to make a move on someone, its not as easy as some people make it out to be.
Apax
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Love is a peculiar thing in my opinion. I might sound like a bit old fashion but there is a thing call fated one. If the person you like doesn't want to be with you, that is that. It's best to move on as most people have said.
polaroid13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Oh I know, what makes it worse with the whole situation was that I had known this guy I thought was one of my 'best friends' for about 5 years. And in the space of a month he had managed to stab me in the back. Was quite strange realising what he was really capable of, and it turned out it wasn't just me that he had been stirring things with...

It does take balls to move on from someone, and it also takes time.

This situation might take a bit longer 'cause I guess you'll see this guy and this girl on a daily basis at college?

DC
I've decided to just not trust anyone too much now tbh.
Tell me about it. Why does it take so long?? Argh lol.
Ah no, I've not come across a guy that makes me weak in the knees for a long time now like about 2 years. Just eye-candy but no-one that I would particularly would want to pursue.
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Believe it or not, but women are actually autonomous beings, capable of independent reasoning, and would undoubtedly prefer a level playing field to this misbegotten sense of entitlement among endlessly vacillating, ineffectual, milquetoast morons such as the O.P. who expect everyone else to wait for them to do something, anything before every grudgingly inert male suitor and hapless female 'quarry' within a five-mile radius dries up from the sheer tedium of it all. For the love of ****ing God, stop being so pathetic.

(Original post by Anonymous)

Basically I really liked this girl in my college. She wasn't in any of my classes, and I did not know her at all. I tried once or twice to go up to her and talk to her but she blanked me. (Yeah, she's pretty stuck up)

However I really liked this girl. I'm not saying as in 'oh damn she's fit', she genuinly softened my heart because of her attractive looks and 'hard to get' personality, i.e. not having a load of guys with her. In fact, she didn't even talk to any guys.

I told all my mates how much I liked her, and they all tried to hook me up on her but failed all the time. I'm pretty sure she knows I like her.

Then out the blue, my long time school time buddy, and former best friend makes a move on her and is successful. He started to chat to her and managed to get her number. The two are now checking and I no longer speak to him.

I know she was never mine, but I am geniunly heart broken, how could a mate get on someone I liked so much right in my face. The funny thing is, he doesn't even like her as much as I do. He just wants to 'shag' her and use her for bragging rights, whereas I have a genuine feeling for her.

This is a depressing point in my life. Anybody give me any advice on what the hell I'm suppose to do.

Based on: precisely nil interaction? Don't make me be sick into my own scorn.
Tinker_Bell
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What's the point in chasing someone who's not interested... if they do agree to go out with you it's just gonna end in misery.
polaroid13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Oh I wish I knew why it takes so long =|
But that situation and situations like it really do reveal your true friends, and I now know who to and who not to trust. I'm much more careful with who I share information with too, as I'm usually the person who either people come to for advice or who people come to with information about what's going on generally...
And to be honest I haven't come across anyone for a good while now who I would start a relationship with either... I am convinced they're all hiding somewhere, I've just got to find them ahha
Haha snap! I feel like an Agony Aunt or a mother sometimes. :rolleyes:
Yeh, I've always been taught by my dad to share minimal personal info.
Haha I don't know where they all either, we should go on a hunt.

And we have totally hijacked this thread lol.

PS: Thank you anonymous repper!
Natasha Milo
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

what a ******t, i mean seriously!! wth?! u know what if uwanna get back at him u shud tell her he wants to shag her! get some evidence like he sends u a text or something or record his voice.. and i can see where u are coming from hes just a ****** i mean tahts just rude, mean and insensitive... u shud do that! get some hardcore evidence against him and show her that uve saved her from being shagged and used! and cheer up ! he isnt worth ur worries
missygeorgia
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It sucks to be you, but to be honest- you never had a relationship with her, or much of a potential relationship. It looks like nothing was going to happen with you and this girl, so I don't think your friend really did anything wrong. The most you could accuse him of is being insensitive about it, but otherwise you just have to move on. Your feelings for this girl are based on not much at all, and you can't expect other people to act around them.
goodmen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
1. You do not love this girl, you don't know her

2. Move on
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1332)
79.67%
Leave (340)
20.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise