Higher Geography 2010 Watch

fiona66
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Can anyone tell me good geography sites that give maby modal answers or help on good answers so i no what to put in to make the answer good.
Any help would be appreciated, thankyou.
jackg93
Report 8 years ago
I'm not sure of any sites other than BBC bitesize. Have you started geo revision yet?
stefany-a
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
the how to pass higher geography book is really good, has all the model answers to need to know and marking scheme from past papers very useful
rosie9391
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Looking through past paper answer schemes is usually good and the revision books have plenty model answers, you'll struggle to find a site with much on it for what you're wanting. Although, there are plenty for just general revision. :yep:
AnnaBanana1502
Report 8 years ago
As soon as maths :mad: is done then i'm gonna start cramming for geography... there's so much to know!!! And I can never write enough... Give us more time!!! :eek3:
Haz23
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Another good book is Higher Geography: Grade Booster as it gives both weak and strong model answers. I recommend you get it.

Does anyone have any predictions for what is going to come up this year? My teacher is convinced there will be an Industry map question.
Livesindreams
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Haz23)
Another good book is Higher Geography: Grade Booster as it gives both weak and strong model answers. I recommend you get it.

Does anyone have any predictions for what is going to come up this year? My teacher is convinced there will be an Industry map question.
I have a feeling coasts will come up.
TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Livesindreams)
I have a feeling coasts will come up.
Predicting is a very bad idea...this won't sound good but you will have to learn it

We got glaciation last year...
jackg93
Report 8 years ago
Heard migration for population

How did everyone do in their prelim? I got 88% still a bit nervous though about this, I suck at map questions
TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by jackg93)
Heard migration for population

How did everyone do in their prelim? I got 88% still a bit nervous though about this, I suck at map questions
Avoid the map questions then....last year the main OS extract was for lithosphere...I couldn't be bothered reading the map so did atmosphere instead
jackg93
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope)
Avoid the map questions then....last year the main OS extract was for lithosphere...I couldn't be bothered reading the map so did atmosphere instead
I would but maps are always compulsary in section 1. I know last year there was an extra map question in the optional section
Livesindreams
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Predicting is a very bad idea...this won't sound good but you will have to learn it

We got glaciation last year...
Yeah I'm not predicting, I just have this feeling that they will come up. Probably just insecurities because we haven't done them it in great depth in class.
TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I would but maps are always compulsary in section 1. I know last year there was an extra map question in the optional section
Ah...oh well Leave it till the end? You'll be fine by the way...I only got 83% in the prelim and I'm pretty awesome
TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Livesindreams)
Yeah I'm not predicting, I just have this feeling that they will come up. Probably just insecurities because we haven't done them it in great depth in class.
I wasn't trying to sound scathing I just think you would be better trying to learn everything, the SQA are aware of their own patterns and may choose to throw something weird in there.
jackg93
Report 8 years ago
Prelim only covered Urban,Population,Development and Health, RLR, lithosphere and biosphere
TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Prelim only covered Urban,Population,Development and Health, RLR, lithosphere and biosphere
Still a good indication
jackg93
Report 8 years ago
Still a good indication
Hopefully, I thought I was bad at Rural and Industry but in the nab i managed 49/50 so hopefully I can get an A
TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hopefully, I thought I was bad at Rural and Industry but in the nab i managed 49/50 so hopefully I can get an A
Well just don't do what I did...physics was the day before geog...try doing the whole course in 8 hours!!
jackg93
Report 8 years ago
Well just don't do what I did...physics was the day before geog...try doing the whole course in 8 hours!!
I am revising for Geo all the way to the exam now. Then I have a week to do psychology. I have already done Bus Man
TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I am revising for Geo all the way to the exam now. Then I have a week to do psychology. I have already done Bus Man
All the human stuff is common sense really
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?