The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm not sure of any sites other than BBC bitesize. Have you started geo revision yet?
Reply 2
the how to pass higher geography book is really good, has all the model answers to need to know and marking scheme from past papers very useful
Reply 3
Looking through past paper answer schemes is usually good and the revision books have plenty model answers, you'll struggle to find a site with much on it for what you're wanting. Although, there are plenty for just general revision. :yep:
As soon as maths :mad: is done then i'm gonna start cramming for geography... there's so much to know!!! And I can never write enough... Give us more time!!! :eek3:
Reply 5
Another good book is Higher Geography: Grade Booster as it gives both weak and strong model answers. I recommend you get it.

Does anyone have any predictions for what is going to come up this year? My teacher is convinced there will be an Industry map question.
Haz23
Another good book is Higher Geography: Grade Booster as it gives both weak and strong model answers. I recommend you get it.

Does anyone have any predictions for what is going to come up this year? My teacher is convinced there will be an Industry map question.

I have a feeling coasts will come up.
Livesindreams
I have a feeling coasts will come up.

Predicting is a very bad idea...this won't sound good but you will have to learn it :frown:

We got glaciation last year...
Reply 8
Heard migration for population

How did everyone do in their prelim? I got 88% still a bit nervous though about this, I suck at map questions
jackg93
Heard migration for population

How did everyone do in their prelim? I got 88% still a bit nervous though about this, I suck at map questions

Avoid the map questions then....last year the main OS extract was for lithosphere...I couldn't be bothered reading the map so did atmosphere instead :smile:
Reply 10
TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Avoid the map questions then....last year the main OS extract was for lithosphere...I couldn't be bothered reading the map so did atmosphere instead :smile:

I would but maps are always compulsary in section 1. I know last year there was an extra map question in the optional section
TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Predicting is a very bad idea...this won't sound good but you will have to learn it :frown:

We got glaciation last year...

Yeah I'm not predicting, I just have this feeling that they will come up. Probably just insecurities because we haven't done them it in great depth in class.
jackg93
I would but maps are always compulsary in section 1. I know last year there was an extra map question in the optional section

Ah...oh well :frown: Leave it till the end? You'll be fine by the way...I only got 83% in the prelim and I'm pretty awesome :wink:
Livesindreams
Yeah I'm not predicting, I just have this feeling that they will come up. Probably just insecurities because we haven't done them it in great depth in class.

I wasn't trying to sound scathing :frown: I just think you would be better trying to learn everything, the SQA are aware of their own patterns and may choose to throw something weird in there.
Reply 14
Prelim only covered Urban,Population,Development and Health, RLR, lithosphere and biosphere
jackg93
Prelim only covered Urban,Population,Development and Health, RLR, lithosphere and biosphere

Still a good indication :wink:
Reply 16
TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Still a good indication :wink:

Hopefully, I thought I was bad at Rural and Industry but in the nab i managed 49/50 so hopefully I can get an A
jackg93
Hopefully, I thought I was bad at Rural and Industry but in the nab i managed 49/50 so hopefully I can get an A

Well just don't do what I did...physics was the day before geog...try doing the whole course in 8 hours!!
Reply 18
TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Well just don't do what I did...physics was the day before geog...try doing the whole course in 8 hours!!

I am revising for Geo all the way to the exam now. Then I have a week to do psychology. I have already done Bus Man
jackg93
I am revising for Geo all the way to the exam now. Then I have a week to do psychology. I have already done Bus Man

All the human stuff is common sense really :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending