Turn on thread page Beta

Nail varnish dangers watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My sister paints her nails often, and I'm sure the fumes and chemicals can't be good for her health, or mine as I am stuck in the fumes. What damage can it do exactly? She uses Barry M nail varnish...the ingredients are listed here http://www.barrym.com/products/ingredients.asp?id=86

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    My mum says that to me.
    But I'm sure that if nail varnish fumes were actually health-damaging we'd have seen it all over the news as another cause of cancer or something by now. Or we'd at least be warned on the bottle.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to think so, but I still don't think the fumes can do anybody any good.

I looked this up and found that the most common toxic ingredients are toluene, formaldehyde and dibutyl phthalate. I checked the ingredients on the barry m website and these weren't in. Just wondering if there were any more damaging chemicals.

ReputationRep:
    i have yet to hear of someone dying of nail varnish abuse.

ReputationRep:
    I think you'll be ok bbz.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellybee)
    i have yet to hear of someone dying of nail varnish abuse.
    I'm sorry to hear that. However, I am not talking of nail varnish abuse, just the fumes you inhale whilst painting your nails.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose-petal)
    I'm sorry to hear that. However, I am not talking of nail varnish abuse, just the fumes you inhale whilst painting your nails.

fair enough. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    My sister paints her nails often, and I'm sure the fumes and chemicals can't be good for her health, or mine as I am stuck in the fumes. What damage can it do exactly? She uses Barry M nail varnish...the ingredients are listed here http://www.barrym.com/products/ingredients.asp?id=86

Thanks
    Don't be silly. Nothing will happen to her unless she abuses her nail varnish bottles.

ReputationRep:

Surely the slight inhalation of fumes would be LESS likely to cause damage than actual abuse? Just a thought...

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.