Turn on thread page Beta

Ever Been On A Dating Site? (Poll) watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Have You ever been on a dating site?
    Yes and will continue
    16.07%
    Yes but never again
    14.29%
    No but have may in the future
    33.93%
    NO NEVER!
    35.71%

ReputationRep:
    Inspired by the "She is so Rude!" thread.
    just was intrested what the poll results would look like tbh

ReputationRep:
    Dating sites are strictly last resort , and should be for anyone !

ReputationRep:
    I have but not to check out the options just to see really. I once found a guy who was on that show... what's it called that really crappy dating show that was on recently when the annoying host would always say "no likey no lighty" anyway that was funny finding him.

ReputationRep:
    Dating sites can be part of meeting people in "the modern world", but as much as that's claimed, if we're honest, the most normal people that will be using them are those without the time to go out and meet people. Likewise, it's not always a "last resort" thing, as some people might just be trying to expand their possible options. There'll be a large portion who are using the sites as a last resort, or who are people pretending they're someone they're not.

So, no, I wouldn't use them. Mainly because I'm at uni and I'm more a fan of meeting people directly, rather than sending messages to some girl with an attractive picture who may not actually be that girl, knowing that about a thousand other guys are also doing it. If we're honest, the majority of attractive people on there are either looking for a fictional "Mr. Right" or a significantly better catch than they would get in real life, so unless you're Brad Pitt - it's not happening.

Yep and I'm not really that ashamed of it. I don't like clubs or bars so I doubt I'd ever meet a boyfriend in any other way. Once you've actually gone on your first date then where you met doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but not seriously. Usually only to do the tests and quizzes and such, eg: okcupid

ReputationRep:
    Reue has been on a dating site for awhile now:

http://images.redial.net/psnodogs.jpg

ReputationRep:
    yes.
    I almost got a slave out of it too!
    If he hadn't have turned out to be so sexually obsessed and creepy.
    But no, i have to hoover my own room
    sigh.

ReputationRep:
    I would rather be lonely tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Tell a whore you're rich and she'll do whatever you want.

ReputationRep:
    No, never.

ReputationRep:
    I was on plentyoffish. It was awful. Just lots of middle aged men and computer geeks who were completely lacking in social skills.

ReputationRep:
    I know a single mum that uses them just because she can't get out the house as she has to look after her kids. She is an example of the kind of 'normal' people that are using these kinds of sites. She is attractive but just can't get out the house to meet men.

I think it's becoming more normal to use these sites now... I don't see it as any less dignified than meeting somebody drunk in a club.

ReputationRep:
    Does that Tagged thing count? Worse...social networking/dating site in the world. EVER.

ReputationRep:
    Never

ReputationRep:
    Actually, yes, I'm ashamed to say that I actually met my boyfriend on one of those free websites. I forget now that that is how we actually met but we're both pretty normal (I think!). I only joined to have a bit of a nosey out of boredom and never really took any interest in talking to anyone. And when I did, I was not interested in actually meeting anyone as I couldn't be bothered. Not quite sure why my boyfriend was any different as I didn't even want to meet when he initially suggested it but I daftly said I would. Glad I did now as he's pretty much perfection to me and so much better than anyone I've met in 'real life' but I think it was one of those coincidences to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    nah.

ReputationRep:
    nah.

ReputationRep:
    I'm on OKCupid. It's a bit of a laugh and I've had some great banter on there, but that's it.

ReputationRep:
    I made one up for a pisstake for sum1, that was about it :dontknow:

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.