Liberals

Oxbridge

The right
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    The point of this thread is?

Majority government.

But seriously, what is the point in this thread? I don't think anyone "likes" cutting public spending but it has to be done, even if you're ideologically in favour you don't skip around Whitehall hither and dither cutting peoples jobs.

ReputationRep:
    Since this is a bit of an ignorant thread and a bit of a rant, I will also do the same:

I know nothing about politics, but I will say, after having read the manifesto of the current government (I think that's what it was - you know the one from The Guardian) I agree with all of their policies.
    It's not easy to run a country and I wish people would give the coalition a chance before laying into it.
    And no government will please everyone - and people are such haters any way - especially in this country.
    It doesn't matter what the Tories do or don't like; it's more about what they end up doing and the effects of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polaroid13)
    Since this is a bit of an ignorant thread and a bit of a rant, I will also do the same:

I know nothing about politics, but I will say, after having read the manifesto of the current government (I think that's what it was - you know the one from The Guardian) I agree with all of their policies.
    It's not easy to run a country and I wish people would give the coalition a chance before laying into it.
    And no government will please everyone - and people are such haters any way - especially in this country.
    It doesn't matter what the Tories do or don't like; it's more about what they end up doing and the effects of it.
    true that, the amount of ignorance towards both the Conservatives and Lib Dems in the first few days of governence is outstanding, at least give them a chance...

ReputationRep:
    You are in dire need to re-evaluate your position if you believe they will seek to favour the middle-class over the next five years.

ReputationRep:
    Being cool, just like most of the other parties...

ReputationRep:
    So all tories are saying "its not easy to run a country" and yet you all abused GB for months (albeit he did a poor job) the majority of you tried to tell everyone to vote tory as brown was so bad and then abused voters for voting lib dem...kind of ironic...and I am not even a labour voter...

ReputationRep:
    Conservative = Hunting peasants on horses.
    Lib Dems = Rent boys.

Happy to help. Any other questions, ask away.

ReputationRep:
    Tradition,
    Organic Society,
    Religion,
    Aristocratic rule,
    Private Ownership

(Sorry, revising politics... )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by butchered_wyer)
    So all tories are saying "its not easy to run a country" and yet you all abused GB for months (albeit he did a poor job) the majority of you tried to tell everyone to vote tory as brown was so bad and then abused voters for voting lib dem...kind of ironic...and I am not even a labour voter...
    You just used my words and applied it to Tories.
    I'm not truly dedicated to one party at all.
    Although in this election I voted Tory for the main and general election and Lib Dem for my local one. Don't ask why - it was just based on what they said they would do.
    I don't know what GB did that was so bad, because like I said, I'm very ignorant. But from what I gather, the general gist of things is that since he came into power, things did get a whole lot worse for this country.

ReputationRep:
    You just used my words and applied it to Tories.
    I'm not truly dedicated to one party at all.
    Although in this election I voted Tory for the main and general election and Lib Dem for my local one. Don't ask why - it was just based on what they said they would do.
    I don't know what GB did that was so bad, because like I said, I'm very ignorant. But from what I gather, the general gist of things is that since he came into power, things did get a whole lot worse for this country.
    I wasn't on about you (just read your first post now):yep:
    I dont exactly have a party I go for...just the way the tories on here and in general were treating everyone else like their stupid because they voted lib dems really annoyed me, people should be able to vote for who they want...hence the democracy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nevasleep)
    Conservative = Hunting peasants on horses.
    Lib Dems = Rent boys.

Happy to help. Any other questions, ask away.
    If only, that's what this country needs, a lower class cleanse.

ReputationRep:
    You mentioned public spending cuts, but you failed to mention the pledge to lower taxes as well ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by butchered_wyer)
    I wasn't on about you (just read your first post now):yep:
    I dont exactly have a party I go for...just the way the tories on here and in general were treating everyone else like their stupid because they voted lib dems really annoyed me, people should be able to vote for who they want...hence the democracy
    Major coincidence then!

Yeh but what about all the people blindly saying to vote Lib Dem into power in the same manner that they got Rage Against the Machine or whatever to Xmas No.1?

Hey, you know more then a lot of people just from that, and you talk a lot of sense too. I love the con/dem coalition, and I look forward to the next 5 years politically (and I say that knowing full well what it going to happen during it in terms of cuts.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig_D)
    You mentioned public spending cuts, but you failed to mention the pledge to lower taxes as well ...
    How did the OP forget about lowering taxes for the rich?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simplicity)
    How did the OP forget about lowering taxes for the rich?
    Not just for the rich you cretin! :p:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig_D)
    Not just for the rich you cretin! :p:
    Inheritance tax cut. Only tax they would cut.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.