The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I have a huge teddy of Silvester; it's quite difficult to carry it around with me.:smile:
AccioJellyBean
I'm 18 and can't sleep without the duvet cover that was on my bed when I was 7. I've had countless new duvet covers since there but I always keep this one separate. I sleep with it every single night and I take it to sleepovers and on school trips. All my friends know about it :biggrin: I do what you do, I stroke it as like a comforter when I'm drifting off to sleep. And if I'm homesick I put it over my pillow so that I can smell it because it's familiar. Nowt to be ashamed of at all, it doesn't make you a bad person or anything!

Do you ever wash it?
Reply 42
I'm (supposedly) a man and I've still got my teddy that I had since I was born usually floating around my room, and my mum still puts him on my bed to sleep with lol, I don't really think about it :p: tbh it's not like you can just throw 'em out is it?
Dez
I don't have a teddy any more, but I do still have my fox. :h:

isn't he a screen cleaner?
RabbitCFH
Do you ever wash it?

Yeah ofc! I was it when I wash my usual duvet and pillowcases and stuff
So? im 19 and have a teddy that ive had since i was born
Reply 46
lol. To me, it's a little odd... but you're clearly not the only one who still has a teddy, favourite blanket, etc.
Eh, it's not so weird. I keep a few soft toys on my bed just for comfort and decoration. It's no biggie. Plus, in shops you get them selling teddies marketed for gifts to give to girlfriends/boyfriends, parents, etc, and they are certainly not children, are they? I even have a teddy from Clinton's or somewhere that my friend gave to me on my 17th birthday, it just sits on my bed with the others.

As long as you're not taking the teddy outdoors and roleplaying, pretending it's your sister, dressing it up and trying to feed it, I don't think you have much to worry about in terms of weirdness, haha :biggrin:
I'm 20 next week and I still have my teddy (Grumpy :h:) from when I was a bubba, he was given to me as a christening present and rarely leaves my bed. I cuddle him most nights.

In between 8 and 12 I didn't take him out the house though as I was petrified some policeman would think I was smuggling drugs in him and would rip his head off :lolwut: a that drugs abroad advert...
I cant sleep without 3 pillows since I was 6
my boyfriend is almost 24 and he still has a teddy (or what's left of one) that he keeps in his apartment under his pillow. I'm almost 22 myself and I carry around my two blankets and a bolster I got when I was 2 years old.
Reply 51
SO? I've had a teddy since I was 1 and I'm now 104 so there.
Reply 52
Don't be so ridiculous yourself !
I take my blanky with me wherever I'm staying lol .. It's not as if you're carrying a turd around with you is it :smile:
Never throw him away, you'll regret it !!
Reply 53
Don't worry about it, its a good companion to have. If you really want to get rid of it just try setting it up on the shelf and letting it live happily ever after. I guess when you get a boyfriend you won't rely on teddy as much anyway. But don't get rid of it completely it deserves a happy retirement and don't worry about taking him to uni, all your flatmates will have theirs packed away in their luggage too!
Reply 54
I have several in my room and one I always sleep with. I'm 25. I don't know when or how I will ever stop sleeping with it. :s-smilie: Do people just throw their teddies away one day? :frown: Maybe I'll give it to my first child so s/he can smell me when I'm not there. :biggrin:
I have soft toys on my bed - I seem to have adopted my boyfriend's bear as well. We always snuggle up with it and if I'm ill I'll cuddle it to feel better. I even take it downstairs sometimes to cuddle when I'm watching TV. It's nothing to be ashamed of, lol.

I'm 21.
Reply 56
My Robbie. :h:

I know someone who at 23 still wraps a fabric blanket around their thumb and sucks on it :s-smilie:

Bleargh, it's manky and grey where it's lost it's colour from being washed so many times. Really is rather repulsive.
Aww, don't worry about it ^^

I'm 21, 22 this year and the end of my bed is full of cute teddies :smile: I love them, and they're very cute! They're a comfort when I'm upset and some of them have sentimental value.

a small part of my collection: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v346/55/104/529316345/n529316345_1857675_4489.jpg :love:

I have been judged for them before though; my ex-bf called me a child and I was NOT amused :mad:
OceanInTheSky
So?

I'm 22 and I still sleep with 2 soft ducks. And one of them is called Little Yellow Ducky Wucky.

They're awesome.

Spoiler

That duck has the same sort of "matted fur from being loved for a long time" look that my bunny (with me now as I type!) has :smile:

Latest