Where to meet girls after uni? Watch

terminat
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi, thanks for reading this in advance

I'm in my fourth (last, just about to finish ) year of uni and have had a great time obviously one of the perks (other than the degree) has been the social life, and in particular meeting girls - I've had my fair share of pulling, one night stands, but leaving a fair few casual hookups aside, there've been some good relationships - probably gone out with at least a couple of girls a year (probably seven or eight relationships over the 4 years, some ranging from a few weeks to several months/reasonably serious.)

Whilst these haven't lasted, I had a great time meeting clever, funny, attractive girls who I had stuff in common with - and that's what I'm worried I'll miss! - where do you meet girls after uni? I know in theory it shouldn't be that different - although I met a couple of girls in places like the library/gym, the vast majority have been on nights out - but surely going to your uni nightclub isn't the same as the generic chavvy 'meatmarket' clubs round where I live? For one I won't have anywhere near as much in common with the girls (being at same uni is always a great icebreaker) and plus I guess there's way less chance I'll meet a girl whose similar to me (i.e. well-educated, gd career aspirations.) Like I said, the clubs are all full of chavs and the drinks are three times the price of your average uni bar!

I suppose you meet girls and stuff at work, but surely just through numbers/age the options are vastly more limited? Basically my question is - what do I do now? Was uni the best chance to meet the right girl?

Thanks for reading (and sorry for rambling lol!)
zjs
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I go out to the "meatmarket" clubs around me a lot more than I go to the uni's version of a nightclub, on student nights it's mostly students from my university there anyway!

So, yeah, the local clubs are decent choices, better if you pick somewhere on a student night or near a uni/your uni though.
jo62
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I see girls everywhere I go. What's the problam.
The G Doctor
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
bookmakers
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1099)
79.12%
Leave (290)
20.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise