Is Leeds Uni. a good one in UK? Watch

This discussion is closed.
John
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hi, everyone. I am a green hand from China. As I am going to study in Leeds Uni. in coming September , I would like to know more about my University. Could you tell me if Leeds University is a good one in England. How about its reputaion? And has it a good environment of study? Thanks a million.

Thanks for many favorable replies. Go on please. I mean if you like, please tell me some information about Leeds University as much as possible. By the way, what does "green hand" mean? Ok, I tell you. it is just used to describe someone who is lack of experience or knowledge. I don't know in UK people how to describe this sort of people, but in China, we like calling them "green hand". Anyway, Thanks again.
HelenBrownsell
Report 16 years ago
I believe that Leeds uni has a very good reputation at being one of the top universities in England. There's no much more to say really. Its in the north of England so the prices of accommodation and things like that are relatively cheap compared to the south. Its colder though. I know its not a lot but it might help. Have you tried looking at the website. I think the website is www.leeds.ac.uk. That might help!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by John
Hi, everyone. I am a green hand from China. As I am going to study in Leeds Uni. on coming Sep. , I would like to know more about my University. Could you tell me if Leeds University is a good one in England. How about its reputaion? And has it a good environment of study? Thanks a million
WTF is a green hand?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Hi I go to leeds uni it is known as a red brick uni in england which means it is well respected I find it very good and it has a good back up system especially for international students. Make sure you get your accomadation form in on time though as it was a bit of a mess last year. Good Luck hope you enjoy !!
Petrozzi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
WTF is a green hand?
He/She knows Kung Fu.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I applied to Leeds and went for an open day - I really liked it, its very friendly with some nice old buildings and an excellent student union. Wasn't half cold though!!!
LittleMissSmile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
LOL COLD

u shud try livin in newcastle
x
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
my brother has just finished his first year at leeds- he's doing chemistry + he absalutely loves it- it's a great city + it has a good reputation + it has the most full-time students in the country.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I applied to do Chemistry too - they gave me an offer of BBC but after my awful AS grades I decided that I'd rather apply somewhere that I know I will get into cos I don't see myself getting the second B. However I have a friend who is going there and so I will go visit so I won't miss out completely!!!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
newcastle uni is the best in the north. well, newcastle or durham. got to be canny smart to get in there though...

TooNaziForYou?TOO****INGBAD
Rachellong
Report 16 years ago
Leeds is a nice uni - was one of my choices, tho I am now going to Warwick...offered me 260 UCAS points to do French and German...Leeds is really respected tho!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Rachellong
Leeds is a nice uni - was one of my choices, tho I am now going to Warwick...offered me 260 UCAS points to do French and German...Leeds is really respected tho!
260 points!? That's a BCC.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
From what i heard from my friends in Leeds, the air is kinda polluted because it's an industrial area.....
and there're a lot of gangsters there tho mostly from bradford.
so not a very safe place.
and i heard their medical course was asked to be changed last time to meet the GMC guideline. n ranking for medicine was quite low.
and standard not so high.

sorry for telling all these but im juz tellin what i heard, no intention to bring down the uni.

i know it's a very popolar uni in uk, a lot of applicants........
but is popularity same as quality? i think most of the cities in uk are nice to live in. all are unique.
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
From what i heard from my friends in Leeds, the air is kinda polluted because it's an industrial area.....
and i heard their medical course was asked to be changed last time to meet the GMC guideline. n ranking for medicine was quite low.

sorry for telling all these but im juz tellin what i heard, no intention to bring down the uni.

but is popularity same as quality? i think most of the cities in uk are nice to live in. all are unique.
This post is a bit late isn't it?
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
This post is a bit late isn't it?
Yeh, that thread should have been locked when the masses which were at 23-6-03 or earlier.... - unless it was requested open and one of the mod / admin team unlocked it ?!
LH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Expression)
Yeh, that thread should have been locked when the masses which were at 23-6-03 or earlier.... - unless it was requested open and one of the mod / admin team unlocked it ?!
How old are posts generally when they are locked?
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
How old are posts generally when they are locked?
We don't tend to do it just by age, but we were finding that posts from January 2001 were cropping up because people on search engines can find them and reply to them, obviously there were then irrelavent - I asked d if there was anything he could do about it a few weeks ago, and he locked up everything up until the 23-6-03.
Louk
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)

im in bradford at the moment and want to go to leeds next year amongst other places so I think your comments are hugely innacurate

one of my friends is at leeds uni and hes well enjoying it!

Louk
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Louk)
im in bradford at the moment and want to go to leeds next year amongst other places so I think your comments are hugely innacurate

one of my friends is at leeds uni and hes well enjoying it!

Louk
You realise that this thread is over a year old?
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You realise that this thread is over a year old?
lol good point
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.54%
Excited (156)
9.14%
Worried (306)
17.93%
Terrified (379)
22.2%
Meh (167)
9.78%
Confused (37)
2.17%