Is this normal? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
When I cough harder than a normal cough, little white flashes (best way to describe them) appear at the edges of my vision. Getting slightly worried here and having horrible thoughts of my retinas detaching because I coughed too hard or something (silly, I know :P)... is it nothing to worry about, or should I check it out with a doctor?
damos92
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yeah man, always check with your doctor if your worried about a persistent, unusual thing. Sounds unusual to me anyhow.
Lamptastic
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It could well be an early sign of you getting a detached retina or could be due to changes in intraocular pressure.

I often see 'floaters' little floating particles when I sneeze etc which are apparently normal but your doctor is your best bet.

On another note when I blow my nose too hard I feel my eyes really strain, it worries me that I may burst a vein or something...
GordonP
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by damos92)
Yeah man, always check with your doctor if your worried about a persistent, unusual thing. Sounds unusual to me anyhow.
+1
ibelongtoslytherin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Have never heard of that before, so I assume it isnt normal?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Well I asked my friend about it and she said she had it too :/ Maybe not that uncommon? But I'm thinking I should still go and get it checked out... thanks for the help so far guys.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (75)
19.53%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (155)
40.36%
Nope, not that interesting (154)
40.1%

Watched Threads