Student Finance: Haven't used my household income! Watch

Charlisquigs
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I got my offer this morning, minimum loan for maintenance and tuition fees. It then said 'Your household income has not been taking into account' ??????!!

My question is, I only sent this 3 weeks ago, will they re-asses it again or something because it says nothing about my maintenance grant, which I know I'm eligible for.
Thanks
Wesssty
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Give them a bell!
nk124
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
hey this happened to me, i got my mum to ring them and they said we need to download and print a pff1 form from the student finance website and send that to them...its a form to fill in about 20 pages long on parents income!! it was quite hard to find because nothings clear on their website, but make sure you get the 10/11 year one and not the 09/10 like i printed off firstly by mistake!
what a hassle really considering it wouldnt let me do it online and i specified "PLEASE take my household income into account" ahhh student finance is rubbish
hope this helps somehow
outlaw-torn
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
They did this to me, my mum rang up and all they said was theyre running 7 weeks behind so apparently that stopped them from assessing me properly o.O
My mums just gonna keep ringing until they find our income details
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Charlisquigs)
I got my offer this morning, minimum loan for maintenance and tuition fees. It then said 'Your household income has not been taking into account' ??????!!

My question is, I only sent this 3 weeks ago, will they re-asses it again or something because it says nothing about my maintenance grant, which I know I'm eligible for.
Thanks
they send you that first. you should get another final notification in about a weeks time detailing what you are actually entitled to.
ByronicHero
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
They will tell you to fill in a paper form (I have it in front of me now, sending it later). It's not 20 pages long it's barely half that as the other half are guidance notes on what should/should not be included. It took me 2 minutes to fill it in, the hard part was waiting for my mum to come to mine and sign it ¬¬.
shane2010
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by nk124)
hey this happened to me, i got my mum to ring them and they said we need to download and print a pff1 form from the student finance website and send that to them...its a form to fill in about 20 pages long on parents income!! it was quite hard to find because nothings clear on their website, but make sure you get the 10/11 year one and not the 09/10 like i printed off firstly by mistake!
what a hassle really considering it wouldnt let me do it online and i specified "PLEASE take my household income into account" ahhh student finance is rubbish
hope this helps somehow
ha thats what i did. printed 09-10 out and got my paretns to fil it in only to realise it was wrong one!

now have my loan and grant leter .only get a grand loan like and about 5 grand loan
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1111)
79.07%
Leave (294)
20.93%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise