The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Nick Longjohnson
Put those pics in a spoiler before the warn you for a thread hijack!

Nice though, LS1 is always fun, dead easy to make power with bolt ons

Thank you for the heads up

Yea it's making 346hp 360 torque right now with just a cat delete.

Sayers

Wait you're telling me you don't yell at the screen in movies? :eek:

JK :biggrin:
Reply 141
Texan88
Thank you for the heads up

Yea it's making 346hp 360 torque right now with just a cat delete.

Wait you're telling me you don't yell at the screen in movies? :eek:

JK :biggrin:

No, I had to stop because of what last time. I was at the movie theater trying to yell at the screen but chocked on the chicken wing soaked in hot sauce that I was eating. Ever since then the doctor told me it is best I don't yell at the movie screen. So course I had to cuss him out. :biggrin:
- Always talking about weather
- Live in igloos
- Wear parkas all the time
- It snows all year 'round
- Moose roam around freely
Sayers
For black Americans I would add the we all do or are on drugs, poor or welfare, commit crime and are lazy - have not ever broken the law nor done drugs or been on welfare and have 3 jobs.

Black women have tons of kids by different fathers. (When I would walk my lil brother to school when I was nine everyone assumed he was my son)

All love chicken and hot sauce and my personal fav. black women are all loud, ghetto, uneducated and full of hate. It makes me sick and drives me crazy.

I totally agree, I hate these stereotypes though I admit I love chicken like the next person.
Reply 144
matthew93
Hiya, I'm Scottish, i'm ginger, wear a kilt 24/7 and only eat haggis.

I KNEW IT! :biggrin:
dont finish that statemen
I have seen at all of stereotypes about countries it is always bothers me. Don't you all hate when people of other countries say those annoying, stupid and irritating stereotypes about your own country and people?
for ex: in UK you never can eat good food; all Americans are ignorant and fat; all Germans are violent and shout a lot; Swedish women are nympho; Italian are disorganized; Mexican are lazy; and so on.
Tell me the worst or the stupid ones you have read or heard about your country.

americas perception of the english is,,,bad teeth, we all bum lick the queen, and we all talk posh
Reply 146
AliciaJ703
I totally agree, I hate these stereotypes though I admit I love chicken like the next person.

I know! They have set the bar SO low it easy to surpass it. As for chicken everyone eats it lol. I think it crazy people assume we worship it. lol well...sometimes I do :biggrin:
Reply 147
I don't really mind our Uk stereotypes. I'd rather drink tea than be obese like old America over there :p:
Teaddict
My personal favourite is this classic stereotypical view of British people in that they are all wealthy snobs with posh accents, related to Lizzie, love tea and eat crumpets and biscuits. The normal stereotype for us Brits. If only this stereotype was true though. Shamefully, it isn't. Some Brits are complete opposites; some cannot speak English correctly, some are about as useful as a one legged man in an arse kicking contest whilst others have a vocabulary only consisting of swear words.

This got a smile. Its true..I'm american and quite a few people I know seem to think all British people are posh and correct, and have high tea every day!
Reply 149
Sayers
I know! They have set the bar SO low it easy to surpass it. As for chicken everyone eats it lol. I think it crazy people assume we worship it. lol well...sometimes I do :biggrin:

Spoiler

OOO bbq thats one I missed but its so true I LOVE bbq it's the best stuff EVER
Sayers

The bar is set very low but it works to our advantage. :wink: Yes, people overseas are obsessed with KFC but I rarely eat it here.
lilnikkita
I'm not saying I think your life is bad! I just know myself, and I personally wouldn't perform well under pressures like that. I'm thinking specifically about a close Indian friend of mine. She would be brought to tears by her parents and almost went into law school, which was something she didn't want at all, just to make them happy. I'm glad in the end she chose what was right for her, but it makes me wonder...How many people end up making big life decisions based on what their parents think is best for them and not on what they truly want for themselves?

Do you mean how many Asian people or how many people in general? :p: Because either way, it definitely outweighs the amount of people who think they don't need anyone's advice and make the wrong decisions completely.
You're friend's example is totally extreme; don't go thinking all Indian families are like that! Although, yes, they do try to offer their input when they can, but this doesn't mean they all force their kids into something they hate.

The whole thing with medicine/law/engineering is that in India especially, these are the degrees that get you jobs. Asian parents put pressure on their kids because that's the way they were brought up; you have to be the best if you're going to get a job or even a decent living in India because of the sheer competition. It's not like in this country where, if acadaemia isn't your thing you can always do something vocational and still get a good job - and failing that even you're still guaranteed to get a flat and benefits from the council. In India, if you don't perform and don't get a job, you die on the street.
So parents pass this mentality on to their kids that they have to be the best and follow degrees that get good jobs. That's what the stereotype is all about :p:

After all parents want the best for their kids. They want to see us happy right? That's why they do what they do! I know that my parents will be proud of whatever I do as long as I am proud of myself.
Reply 152
Texan88

Spoiler

OOO bbq thats one I missed but its so true I LOVE bbq it's the best stuff EVER

Lmao :laugh: Great pic
etnies
Eh , then ... there's really no point in living there ...

Erm these are FALSE stereotypes, just to clarify. I've never seen a monkey in Nigeria, and I live in a proper house, and get driven on proper roads. IMO, Nigeria's actually awesome and I'm def going to live there when I'm done with school. .....no, i've never met a scammer either, they're actually only a tiny percentage of the population. As for terrorists, there's only one...and I don't think we'll be hearing from him again.
Reply 154
when people think that portuguese people literaly "pray" for cristiano ronaldo... pisses me off
Nick Longjohnson
Well, as a whole, it is kinda true...

Spoiler

All the hardworking greeks left and only go back in the summers

It's partly true,no doubt. But still,an annoying generalization:s-smilie:
How we're meant to surrender all the time. I don't wear a béret, I have never eaten snails or frog legs, I don't smoke and I hate coffee. Go on, now, tell me I'm not French…
For some reason, what always gets my goat is the Americans thinking we use metric.
Indian:

That we smell of curry.
We only eat roti, curry and rice.
All men have moustaches and vile amounts of body hair.
We stress our Ds and Ts all the time.
We do stupid hand guestures all the time.
We're cheapos... Oh wait. :p:

British-asians:
That we're the same as normal asians (because most bloody well aren't!)
Wales - we're all farmers who love shagging sheep! & that we also go around wearing leeks and daffodils!

Latest

Trending

Trending