Turn on thread page Beta

Why have you cheated on your bf/gf? watch

If you have cheated - why did you do it?

Here's my story:
    I am currently cheating on my boyfriend. I'm not proud of it. He doesn't know.

I love him with all my heart, but I cheated on him because he just isn't there enough. We're in a LDR, and of course the distance is hard, but I have stayed faithful with distance before. He is a pretty selfish person, and just doesn't make himself ''available'' enough for me. He does a lot of coke, and works a lot, so whenever I talk to him he's either off his face or exhausted. I'm in the middle of my finals, and he never asks how they've gone, never wishes me good luck, never sends me the texts or messages I would love to get.

I'm not blaming him for my cheating. I know it's my responsibility alone. But when your really hot friend who is constantly doing sweet things to show how much he appreciates you, who is always there to listen, who always asks how your day has been decides to come on to you, the reasons against going with it falter.

Before anyone says I should just talk to my boyfriend about how I feel - I have. I told him, go out out as much as you want, do your coke if that's what you want to do, but it would be nice to hear from you more often, it would be nice to just get a random text letting me know you're thinking of me. And it never happens.

I suppose I should just break up with him. But I love him, even if some would say I wouldn't cheat if I did. But the fact is I do, and in 2 weeks I'm moving country to be with him. I'd like to give it a shot and see if it's just the distance that makes him less ''caring''.

ReputationRep:
    Dump him.

he does drugs, fail 1, he is LDR and DGAF, chances are, he's bangin soem crackwhore.

Dumpdumpdumpdump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HARRY PUTAH)
    Dump him.

he does drugs, fail 1, he is LDR and DGAF, chances are, he's bangin soem crackwhore.

Dumpdumpdumpdump
    Sound advice here

ReputationRep:
    Mine put on weight so i felt i had the right to cheat.

ReputationRep:
    there shouldn't be any reason to cheat..

as soon as i started reading your post it came to light that you shouldn't be together if he can't give you the time of day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShortyGetLow)
    there shouldn't be any reason to cheat..

as soon as i started reading your post it came to light that you shouldn't be together if he can't give you the time of day.
    I agree with all of this, and it's good to hear, OP, you're not blaming any of it on him and you are taking full responsibility for cheating on him. I cheated on my ex girlfriend because she was of a different culture to me, and her parents would not accept me, and I guess I thought that nothing was going to be in the end so I wanted to see what else was out there ... I don't blame any of it on her, it was all my fault and I regret doing it because it's not worth it at all.

ReputationRep:
    dont cheat. its not cool. if you wanna get with someone else, just finish things with the coke head

ReputationRep:
    Just from your post you can tell you deserve alot better. I'm in an LDR at the moment and I think it's disgusting how he treats you, but your in love and I know how that is =/ To be honest... your right he wants to do coke ect he don't care about you enough you definitely deserve better. Screw him. LDR is when it matters most, don't forget that! Yeh it's a hell of a lot harder and that's EXACTLY why it matters the most.
    I don't blame you for cheating, in fact I'd have already confronted him about it. Tell him he's treating you horribly because he IS and tell him it's you or his scumbaggish lifestyle with absolutely no commitment? Don't take it. Go with the nice guy that actually appreciates you! DON'T BE STUPID!

(Original post by Jam4kate1991)
    Just from your post you can tell you deserve alot better. I'm in an LDR at the moment and I think it's disgusting how he treats you, but your in love and I know how that is =/ To be honest... your right he wants to do coke ect he don't care about you enough you definitely deserve better. Screw him. LDR is when it matters most, don't forget that! Yeh it's a hell of a lot harder and that's EXACTLY why it matters the most.
    I don't blame you for cheating, in fact I'd have already confronted him about it. Tell him he's treating you horribly because he IS and tell him it's you or his scumbaggish lifestyle with absolutely no commitment? Don't take it. Go with the nice guy that actually appreciates you! DON'T BE STUPID!
    Thanks for your advice. I pretty much agree, but I want to see how things are when I'm actually there, you know? Have you ever cheated before?

(Original post by SouthernFreerider)
    dont cheat. its not cool. if you wanna get with someone else, just finish things with the coke head
    The thing is, I love him, and to me, nobody can compare to him. When I'm with the other guy, I'm still thinking of him, and how I wish it was him. I just want the comfort and care and attention (not attention in a bad way....I mean, someone who will listen to me, and be there for me).
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Here's my story:

I love him with all my heart, but I cheated on him because he just isn't there enough. We're in a LDR, and of course the distance is hard, but I have stayed faithful with distance before. He is a pretty selfish person, and just doesn't make himself ''available'' enough for me. He does a lot of coke, and works a lot, so whenever I talk to him he's either off his face or exhausted. I'm in the middle of my finals, and he never asks how they've gone, never wishes me good luck, never sends me the texts or messages I would love to get.

I'm not blaming him for my cheating. I know it's my responsibility alone. But when your really hot friend who is constantly doing sweet things to show how much he appreciates you, who is always there to listen, who always asks how your day has been decides to come on to you, the reasons against going with it falter.

Before anyone says I should just talk to my boyfriend about how I feel - I have. I told him, go out out as much as you want, do your coke if that's what you want to do, but it would be nice to hear from you more often, it would be nice to just get a random text letting me know you're thinking of me. And it never happens.

I suppose I should just break up with him. But I love him, even if some would say I wouldn't cheat if I did. But the fact is I do, and in 2 weeks I'm moving country to be with him. I'd like to give it a shot and see if it's just the distance that makes him less ''caring''.
    I've noticed there's been quite a few threads recently about a girl (you) who has a coke addict boyfriend that works a lot. It's not all the same person, is it?

Anyway, the advice is pretty straight forward: dump the selfish coke addict boyfriend and get a new one.

ReputationRep:

Here's my story:

Why not just keep your relationship 'open' or 'non-monogamous' then you are both free to see whoever you want when you're not with each other, and the concept of 'cheating' won't exist.

I can never understand why people have a monogamous relationship with someone when it's long distance. That's just a losing battle and it's just asking for either partner to 'cheat'. Better to keep long distance relationship non-monogamous.

Am I the only one who doesn't understand why people are in LDR if they know they are going to not stay faithful.
    People use LDR as an excuse when they might as well be single it's just sad that 2 people are the victims and the person doing the cheating doesn't care because they want their cake and eat it too.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your advice. I pretty much agree, but I want to see how things are when I'm actually there, you know? Have you ever cheated before?
    No, and I never will :rolleyes: It tends to happen in rubbish relationships - like yours (no offence) :p:
    Fact is, you fell for a douch. A scumbag. A crackhead. A bum. A waster.

Does he even love you? Because if I were to judge I'd say your just an object for him, probably for sex, or to feel wanted. He's probably cheating on you also, probably explains his major lack of commitment or attention to you.
    I really struggle to understand why women fall for such douches... then they go on crying about how all guys are *****. It's pretty annoying.

Don't be so stubborn´!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! He's NOT going to change for you, or for nobody.
    Don't waste years of your life, wasting emotional energy, time... what you're about to do is GIANT mistake!!!!
    I'm 100% sure you 'll regret it. : (

Remember, drug addicts only live for themselves.
    IF you were my sister, I'd tell you the same I've written over here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jam4kate1991)
    I really struggle to understand why women fall for such douches... then they go on crying about how all guys are *****. It's pretty annoying.
    Exactly this.

OP, you mean to say the crackhead selfish guy didn't make for a good boyfriend? :shock: shocker!

Poor judgement on your part, or you're just really desperate if you're resorting to a guy like him...which is odd considering you describe your friend as being really sweet. He's the one you should be in a relationship with.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose I should just break up with him.
    Exactly this!! Break up with him, if he's not fulfilling your needs, and get with any person you want, but don't cheat because you won't feel good afterwards :cool:

You are anonymous; therefore, you are a troll.

On topic though - no I have never cheated.

ReputationRep:
    I have never cheated on anyone. But my ex cheated on me 6 times in 6 months and I don't know why he did it, but he did.

If you don't want to hurt your current bf, dump him now - dragging it out only makes it more painful, trust me.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you just end it? Why would you cheat if you love him so much?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.