who would you prefer to bee new labour leader? Watch

the greatest
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
In recent times the labour party has daced decline, and now with the departure of Gordon Borwn, its time for a new face to shine, and in particular an important decision must be made, if Labour want a chance in the forthcoming years to gain support!

who would you like the see as new labour leader?

personally i would like ed to come in
LawBore
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'd like to see Harman. Just to see if they get more mental.
Kreuzuerk
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Two Jags
*Darcie*
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Andy Burnham. If not, would much prefer Ed to David Miliband.
MagicNMedicine
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
John McDonnell.
drAyaan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
david miliband
Moonbeam1991
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by the greatest)
In recent times the labour party has daced decline, and now with the departure of Gordon Borwn, its time for a new face to shine, and in particular an important decision must be made, if Labour want a chance in the forthcoming years to gain support!

who would you like the see as new labour leader?

personally i would like ed to come in
Deffo Yvette Cooper but she called out of the race, Ed or David Milliband too similiar to Cameron or Clegg, lack of diversity *yawn* lead to boring leaders debates zZzZzzZzzZ
MagicNMedicine
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yvette Cooper pulled out because she said it wasn't the right time for such a responsibility, with having three young children. It's a good thing the other candidates like Ed Balls don't have these other responsibilities.
Moonbeam1991
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by MagicNMedicine)
Yvette Cooper pulled out because she said it wasn't the right time for such a responsibility, with having three young children. It's a good thing the other candidates like Ed Balls don't have these other responsibilities.
I know, ive been following it Magic Such a shame she pulled...

Im not even a Labour supporter lol, Lib Dem all the way. But just think she is the most impressive out of whats on offer. I saw David Millibands waffley speech, it was utter dire... Ed Balls is an idiot, which is why he should of looked after there kids and let her take this opportunity while she still has it.

She is a hardcore debater and has a media profile and is not totally attached to the Brown, Blair era least not in the medias eyes and publics. She is a genuine nice personality, the Millibands are two faced and inside MP's I know have, said what a shame for the Labour party for a grump to be replaced with a pushy bully.

Also I saw Ed Balls constiuency speech when he scraped a victory by the skin of his teeth. His majority is far too small and his speech was pathetic, it was immature and bigheaded, he even attacked his supposed friend Gordon Brown... Defeating Labour would be easy if he becomes the leader lol you can easily get him hot headed to make him make a fool of himself. Though least his speech will likely be interesting when he declares he is standing for leadership compared to the Millibands that put me to sleep and lacked substance worse than I have ever heard, it wasnt even inspiring what a bunch of bores, there supposed to be young politicians with a vision.

Anyway off my soapbox essay time today :O
Kolya
Badges: 14
Report 8 years ago
While DM seems like the most natural candidate, his similarity to DC and NC would make one inclined to choose a less similar, less polished candidate. However it's hard to see who else in the party has the potential to be as decent a leader, so despite the reservations I think they will have to go for DM in the end. One would hope for an older, experienced figure, but all the likely candidates (DM, EM, EB) are of a similar age and bring similar levels of experience. I fear that Blair and Brown have cast a shadow over the party, and it will take some time for that shadow to completely go away.
MrSwampy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Jeremy Clarkson. That ought to put some zing back into Labour.
Time Tourist
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's a shame Jon Cruddas is not in the running. He is the most respectable and least embarrassing of the lot. Which is to say the most Old Labour.
Finbar21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Nick Griffin - bit of a turn up for the books.
cambo211
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzz
Sarurrr
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
David Miliband <3 he is tidyyyy!
Time Tourist
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
And obviously it would never happen, but if Frank Field was Labour leader this country would be a much better place.
zee757
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Andy Burnham
jumpingjesusholycow
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
John Cruddas :yep:

Shame he's not in the running anymore.
JamJes
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well not Ed Miliband that's for sure. For some reason I just can't stand watching him speak, I don't really know why though he just annoys me.
caroline147
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ed Miliband.

I think he's adorable and he'd position Labour firmly on the centre-left, I think, which would be nice (the unionists certainly seem to like him :p:). He'd definitely build an effective Opposition, & as much as I dislike Labour, that can only be a good thing. DM and Balls are too closely affiliated with New Labour, the party needs a bout of fresh air.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (68)
19.54%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (143)
41.09%
Nope, not that interesting (137)
39.37%

Watched Threads