Turn on thread page Beta

Do you believe in luck? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    just wondering whether people believe in all those things like "getting out of the wrong side of bed is bad luck" or that magpie thing or four leaf clovers etc ....
    any comments?

ReputationRep:
    Nooo I dont, but subconsciously I think I do believe in the smaller elements of luck.. like using lucky numbers in lottery tickets and crossing my fingers if I really want something to happen

ReputationRep:
    Not really, more unbelievable consequences. I do however believe in fate and paths in life etc.

ReputationRep:
    Everything can be seen as good luck or bad luck.

- If you got run over, is it bad luck that you got run over or good luck that you weren't injured?

- If you got injured, is it bad luck that you got injured or good luck that you didn't lose/break a limb?

If you lost or broke a limb, is it bad luck that that happened or is it good luck that you weren't killed?

However, after seeing Bruce Lee break a load of mirrors in his last film before dying at 32, I don't want to smash any mirrors.

ReputationRep:
    Nooooo way.

ReputationRep:
    The unlucky are nothing more than a frame of reference for the lucky. You are unlucky, so I may know that I am. Unfortunately the lucky never realizes they are lucky until it's too late. Take yourself for instance; yesterday you were better off than you are off today but it took today for you to realize it. But today has arrived and it's too late. You see? People are never happy with what they have. They want what they had, or what others have. The grass is always greener on the other side.

ReputationRep:
    Simple answer to the question: no. But if it exists I could do with some for exams.

ReputationRep:
    :yes:

ReputationRep:
    No not really

ReputationRep:
    Feeling lucky and working hard often increases luck.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.