boyfriend thinks i'm fake? Watch

bubbly49
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Ok, this is a half rant / half asking for advice post, i'm using this new account as I know people on here who know both of us...

Basically, I've been with my boyfriend for about four months now, neither of us have ever really had a relationship before now. He claims to have liked me since October last year, and we got together after he told me this year.

Recently I've noticed that ANY opinion I give, he'll always disagree with me, right down to me saying "Ooh it's nice and sunny" and him replying "It's too hot, I don't like it." Anyway, I pointed this out to him yesterday and he started on about how everything I like is fake, I'm superficial and I just "like everything that young people are supposed to like" (case in point - sitting out in the sun). :confused:

I doubt he's given this conversation a second thought since yesterday, but since he said that, I've been wondering, why did he ask me out in the first place if I'm so 'superficial'? Because if he's only going to be nice to me when we're cuddling, etc, I'm seriously wondering if this is worth it at all.

Sorry for the confusing, mixed up rant, tl;dr, etc. Any opinions if you read the whole thing? :o:
Double Agent
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
He sounds like a tool.
Advanced Subsidiary
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
lol as much as this sounds like half the story. He does seem a bit dodgy.
Roocky
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Double Agent)
He sounds like a tool.
Agreed. If it's not actually pleasant to be around him, why are you there?
VampireKnight
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I agree with above poster... He's a tool, get rid... =/.
mikeylfc1989
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
He sounds so cool.
Xenomorph v2.1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Sounds like a keeper :awesome:
LaraArmstrong
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What a pr*ck..

disagrees with something as simple as the weather??..sounds like a moody sod..

dumpdumpdumpdump :cool:
whitepearlbaby
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
He sounds like some emo guy who just hates everything on purpose Weirdo.
Advanced Subsidiary
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Though in all honesty. If someone did say to me "It's nice and sunny". I wouldn't reply with sarcastic comments, though saying that he doesn't like it - doesn't mean he's disagreeing with you. It's probablt just how he feels.
in_vogue
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I get the feeling you're not giving us the full story here.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
this sounds like half the story.
This is what I think, too. There has to be something else to it..

If this is the whole story.. then he's just weird.. simple as.
I HEART KFC!!!
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
sounds like a ***** that needs to get slapped out of his emoness
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Does he have to like hot weather? So what if his opinion differs from yours!?

I'm confused.
bubbly49
Thanks for the quick replies guys

Yeah I think I really do need to sit down with him and talk... hopefully he'll listen to me. I'm a little hesitant to just dump him straight away as there are times when he is really nice. Also, we have pretty much all the same friends so I have to see him every day, I'd rather try to work this out than risk hurting our friendship group...

To those saying that this seems like half the story, maybe there is more to it, and I'm definitely not perfect. He does tend to be quite vocal (as you can see) when I'm doing / saying something he doesn't agree with though, so :confused:

I suppose I'll see if I can talk to him later / tomorrow when I've calmed down a little bit.:dontknow:
bubbly49
(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
Does he have to like hot weather? So what if his opinion differs from yours!?

I'm confused.
It's not that I want him to always agree with me, have the same opinions, etc, that would just be boring. It's more that he seems to go out of his way to disagree with me on every single thing.
loxton1989
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm kind of like this guy in the sense that I identify things which we are "meant to liked". Difference is however although I identify them I also enjoy to partake in them. If your boyfriend is of a similar mind which has started to identify imposed conditioning then he may be going through a transition phase in which he has just begun to reject the conditions.

I find it kind of strange that he would refer to you as superficial in a malicious way as the OP suggests. Are you sure he wasn't simply stating it as a matter of course?

I find most people to be, well not superficial, but unaware of the true world that surrounds them. My partner is one of them. She cannot live without some of the things I would deem to be either pretentious or superficial BUT I also recognize that my perspective is highly subjective and is a result of my social sciences background. This is also one of those things that allows me to love her more as she acts as a beautiful balancer. I hold no illusion that without her I would become ungrounded in my theories and analysis about the world.

Anyway, are you certain his comment is malicious and is this a recent development? If so what has changed recently? Also how long have you guys been going out? Could this be an aspect of his personality which was always there but has just recently surfaced?
stinky--pete
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Double Agent)
He sounds like a tool.
most definitely this!! get rid is my opinion!!
gingergooner
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
lol as much as this sounds like half the story. He does seem a bit dodgy.
This, there must be more to it than that.
divine_alive
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
maybe he likes debating
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (293)
26.07%
Yes - they're famous (285)
25.36%
No I don't (546)
48.58%

Watched Threads