How are you getting to the UK? Watch

ratboy90
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Where are you from? Are you driving? Flying? How many suitcases? Family coming with you?

Let's talk logistics.
Unfavourably
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm from Sweden so I'll go by car, my parents going along, totally packed car along Denmark, Germany, Holland, Belgium, France -> via the Chunnel and then finally arriving at my destination after one overnight stay in either Germany or Holland.
heidigirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm coming from Switerland.

We're driving (or rather, my dad is driving). It does involve getting up at 4 in the morning (did a similar drive taking my sister last year), but it's a pretty straight forward drive though, up through Basel and into France, motorway all the way to Calais, get to Folkestone via chunnel by tea time. Overnight stay somewhere near Folkestone and then up to Cardiff the next day.
Peachy_Pearl
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
From Romania(Timisoara) to Dundee. I'll have to choose between:

1. Timisoara-Budapest by car with my parents Budapest-Glasgow by plane and then I'll take the megabus to Dundee
2.Timisoara - London Luton-Dundee by plane

My mom will be coming to visit in the 1st month probably, to bring more stuff and see where I am. I'll only be able to take a 15-20-25 kilos luggage , depending on the company I'll fly with, and a handbag...which will probably be stuffed
Aj12
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'll stay right where i am.
Rinker
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
From Toronto Pearson to London Heathrow. Coming by myself and two suitcases (if that is my baggage allowance).
fridaystan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm from Sweden. I will be flying to the UK along with my dad. Don't really know how many suitcases I'll bring but it will be as many as possible. I'm thinking maybe 4 or something
hussain92
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
7 hr flight to heathrow
AliciaJ703
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
America
Flying
Sister coming with me on my trip
4 suitcases - I can't pack light :o:
AnonymousPenguin
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Easyjet or Ryanair from Trieste or Klagenfurt - 15-20kg of luggage.

Clothes, phone and laptop - if I need anything else I'll buy it in the UK. I don't really see what I'd need so urgently though.
Sayers
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm coming from the US
Flying from DC or Seattle.
I will bring 2 suitcases w/ clothes & laptop and ship the other things.
My sister or friend may come with me.
Can't wait to get to England
Trouser Snake
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Why are you coming to England? There's nothing to see here!
Peachy_Pearl
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by AnonymousPenguin)
Easyjet or Ryanair from Trieste or Klagenfurt - 15-20kg of luggage.

Clothes, phone and laptop - if I need anything else I'll buy it in the UK. I don't really see what I'd need so urgently though.
I already have list of to buy things, like hair dryer, plug adapter, cutlery, bed sheets,shampoo&other stuff. I won't have space to bring such stuff with me.
SergioMZ
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well, first of all I have to know when I am going. Probably by plane, but if I go by plane somebody will have to come with me to carry more luggage. Because 20kg is not really that much.
I am also considering getting there by train: a sleep-car night-train from Barcelona to Paris, and then the Eurostar and a train to where I'll be going (a place I don't really know as of now). However, it is much cheaper, faster and more comfortable to get there by plane. And from Barcelona or Palma to Britain... well, there is quite a lot of offer, so I can choose the cheapest carrier.

Now that I think of it, I also can go by plane and ship the rest of the luggage (some books, some more clothes, etc.). Or, even, get a train/car-ride/bus/plane to Bilbao/Santander and then a ship to England.
ilovepolska
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
ryanair, straight from rzeszów to london stansted, takes approx 2h.
how many suitcases? depends on how long i'm going for, but, 2 should do.
there's always a member of family going along with me, i don't like travelling on my own simply because it can be VERY boring!
ohh and i'm from polandd.
ChantzFox
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Los Angeles (LAX) -> Washington DC (Dulles) -> London (Heathrow) -> Glasgow

Probably bring 2 suitcases and buy everything else there.
My father says he's coming doubt it so I'll fly alone.
adam_zed
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I envy the lot of you. Must be so exciting starting new in a completely different country/culture
ratboy90
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by adam_zed)
I envy the lot of you. Must be so exciting starting new in a completely different country/culture
But also a lot of stress getting to that country.
Alhaziel
Report 8 years ago
I' m coming from italy... Bologna-edimburgh...then by train to Dundee
pashmina510
Report 8 years ago
7 hour flight. So bad for the Earth !!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1460)
79.61%
Leave (374)
20.39%

Watched Threads