The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

No- that's probably because of my growing up. I'm more inclined to support labour
Not really!
I can't comment on right-wing women. The only right-wing men I've ever met have been skettish morons whose prime semi-political concern in life is whether England shirts will be banned or not. And that folks, is not attractive.
Reply 43
jj1234567890123
She's not.

Leave him alone he just wants TSR tail.
If we are being stereotypical then

Typical left wing:

Average right wing:
Reply 45
holmes221
If we are being stereotypical then

Typical left wing:

Average right wing:

Typical left wing:

Typical right wing:

The person you describes makes my insides boil with some form of extreme dislike. I'd take the hippy girl every day of the week. Although I'd prefer her washed.
Ocassus
Guess what? Left wingers tend to be from the poorer side of society, simply because they dont have the success and therefore from their viewpoint want to take from others to give to themselves. The Right siders tend to be successful, therefore they defend their viewpoint because frin their perspective they worked hard to get where they were and then some hippy comes along trying to take it.

Firstly, I don't think you have any evidence for this and it's nothing like as clear cut as you say (and in my experience most of the more left-wing people I know are from rich families). Secondly, you're defining 'success' on monetary grounds which is assuming your conclusion because the right-wing is more associated with the accumulation of personal wealth whilst the left is all about helping everyone and not just yourself. Look at the number of left-wing teachers, scientists, doctors etc. compared to the number of left-wing bankers, lawyers, etc. and I'm convinced you'll find a lot more of the former because they're doing jobs which help someone other than themselves, not because they're paid less.

Hippies are often disheveled, untidy and smelly. Successful people are often interesting [although not always], have plenty of anecdotes and their successful outlook on life means they put effort into everything they do. IE looking good.

What? When did anyone mention hippies vs. successful people? I thought this was about political opinions?
Anonymous
You know the type

Upper-middle class, aryan rahs who go to private school, have their own coupe, hair extensions etc etc.

And throw into the mix, a few right wing views inherited from their staunch conservative constituency and borgeois mother.

I find these girls incredibly sexy. Much more sexy than some unwashed hippy girl.

I could happily listen to one of these girls yapping on about immigration/rah unis/nails/hair/fashion/weightwatchers/popularity until dawn.

Anyone else find this, or am I just perverse?

My absolute nightmare :no:
Reply 49
Chumbaniya
Firstly, I don't think you have any evidence for this and it's nothing like as clear cut as you say (and in my experience most of the more left-wing people I know are from rich families). Secondly, you're defining 'success' on monetary grounds which is assuming your conclusion because the right-wing is more associated with the accumulation of personal wealth whilst the left is all about helping everyone and not just yourself. Look at the number of left-wing teachers, scientists, doctors etc. compared to the number of left-wing bankers, lawyers, etc. and I'm convinced you'll find a lot more of the former because they're doing jobs which help someone other than themselves, not because they're paid less.

What? When did anyone mention hippies vs. successful people? I thought this was about political opinions?

I need to revise so I don't want to get sucked into a left v right debate at the moment but I just wanted to point out that one of the reasons a lot of doctors, teachers etc. are left-wing is because they're employed by the government, therefore it's in their own interests to support a large public sector.
In my experience, out of young people who are politically aware, there are more left-leaning girls than right-leaning girls. I also think there are some small differences between girls and boys who are into politics, the leftist girls are usually bigger on feminist and environmental issues and race discrimination, and less into class struggle, trade union politics etc than leftist boys. The more right wing girls tend to be less obnoxious than their male equivalent who can sometimes become caricatures of themselves. Some of them are very strong independent women who are determined to get successful careers, often in politics, and are more switched on about the networking and career building needed.

I find it attractive when girls are interested in politics whatever their views, but there is some truth in what you say about it there being a lot of hot right-wing girls. They are more keen on embracing their sexual appeal than the leftist feminist girls. The Tory girls on my course were usually well dressed and wore short skirts whilst the left wingers were a bit more casual or bohemian in their style.
you are presenting this like there are only two categories of women; rich and hippies

lol
Ocassus
/facepalm

Being right-wing =/= being wealthy. Being right wing means you respect success and do not want to tarnish it. I hate this new term 'Rah'. I am from a wealthy background, I do not accentuate the 'ahs' in my words and I certainly dont go 'Har har har'. Too much Gap yah for you :L.

Guess what? Left wingers tend to be from the poorer side of society, simply because they dont have the success and therefore from their viewpoint want to take from others to give to themselves. The Right siders tend to be successful, therefore they defend their viewpoint because frin their perspective they worked hard to get where they were and then some hippy comes along trying to take it.

Hippies are often disheveled, untidy and smelly. Successful people are often interesting [although not always], have plenty of anecdotes and their successful outlook on life means they put effort into everything they do. IE looking good.

What utter tripe. Its just not fair when priviledge and their parentage gives them a headstart in life, is it? For the record, I'm from a rather middle class family and I have some left-wing views. Your hypothesis means nothing...
In answer to the question. I would prefer someone with similar views to myself personally. I find excessivly right-wing women as just... eugh. We would be argueing all the time.
Reply 54
Ocassus
/facepalm

Being right-wing =/= being wealthy. Being right wing means you respect success and do not want to tarnish it. I hate this new term 'Rah'. I am from a wealthy background, I do not accentuate the 'ahs' in my words and I certainly dont go 'Har har har'. Too much Gap yah for you :L.

Not really. Plenty of left wing people are actually well off. I think Lenin worked as a lawyer for example, and Tony Benn had an inherited title. It's about whether you have a social conscience or not really; some people see their money and think, this is all mine, no one else deserves it, and some people see the fact that they have money and other people don't as a sign that something is wrong with society. There's no inconsistency between being middle class and left wing. And successful people can be interesting, right wing people aren't. At least, not when you talk about social issues or anything like that.
Beats the damn depressing hippy *****.
Sophia_And_Me
you are presenting this like there are only two categories of women; rich and hippies

lol

To some people left wing = hippie
Reply 57
tHEsTRANGEoNE
What utter tripe. Its just not fair when priviledge and their parentage gives them a headstart in life, is it? For the record, I'm from a rather middle class family and I have some left-wing views. Your hypothesis means nothing...

Natural intelligence and cognitive ability are luck factors just as much as the wealth you are born into. Your point therefore is null and void.
Reply 58
The idea that left-wing people are hippies is ridiculously funny. I can't stand hippies and hate the fact that they are associated with left-wing politics. Oh, and most of the hippies of the 1960s are the capitalists of today.
Reply 59
burnedmind
The idea that left-wing people are hippies is ridiculously funny. I can't stand hippies and hate the fact that they are associated with left-wing politics. Oh, and most of the hippies of the 1960s are the capitalists of today.

Tomato Source?

Latest

Trending

Trending