The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ectodermal
Grow up? Like all those people who were complaining about not being able to wear a football top because it might be banned? Shouldn't they ''grow up'', get over it, and tackle real problems.

Whats your point, or are you unable to tell the difference between the state and the individual? :dunce:
Reply 41
Moe Lester
What's that got to do with anything? Everyone know the Israeli government has considerable illiberal tendancies...

Or are you using the great Satan as an excuse? :hmmm:

No I just thought I'd throw it out there :smile:
Democracy
I don't think censorship is cool.

Lighten up, religion is just as open to criticism and satire as anything else.

:ditto:

Islamic governments have no sense of humour, I reckon.

Why don't they just create an Islamic thought police already?
Reply 43
Moe Lester
Whats your point, or are you unable to tell the difference between the state and the individual? :dunce:

My point about people growing up and tackling real problems.
jpye11
Try using a proxy?

Yes im downloading hotspot shield...that would connect me with a new york proxy, but seriously how pathetic what a stupid decision
Reply 45
Moe Lester
What a joke, they should grow up and spend the energy tackling real problems like poverty and the Taliban.

moves like this distract people from those issues:teehee:
Diaz89
No I just thought I'd throw it out there :smile:

Fair enough :dontknow:
Reply 47
Democracy
I don't think censorship is cool.

Lighten up, religion is just as open to criticism and satire as anything else.

It's not criticism or satire- It's attack. That's not cool either.
ectodermal
My point about people growing up and tackling real problems.

I was talking about the state - this is a governmental decision to block facebook, not a personal one like the idiots moaning about England shirts (which they are allowed to wear anyway).

vin
moves like this distract people from those issues:teehee:

It would take more than no facebook to distract me from the Taliban :rofl:

Numzilla

Wa, wa, wa.
Reply 49
x_muneeb_x
I'm a Muslim...and **** the Pakistani government.I am in my house and i am unable to access facebook...Im considering drawing a picture of mohammad myself now

******* cock sucking extremists...i hope the judge dies, what a dick

You know what, you're one miserable piece of ****. A disgrace to Muslims. What a retard.

And what are you even "trying" to show here? What a FB addicted loser you are? I mean seriously; get a life.

Despicable.
DJkG.1
Yep, I mean forming the basis of the society we live in today means nothing... when you can't use facebook for 10 days! :eek:

Get a sense of proportion. :rolleyes:

What for? Same reasons?

i was exaggerating....

but it does annoy me how religion meddles in things it shouldnt. i.e. people's day to day lives.
Reply 51
-M$ Ultr@-
You know what, you're one miserable piece of ****. A disgrace to Muslims. What a retard.

And what are you even "trying" to show here? What a FB addicted loser you are? I mean seriously; get a life.

Despicable.

:ditto:
Numzilla

Drawing is an attack? :wtf:

Seriously, get some perspective, and like I said earlier lighten up.

Whilst many people will be drawing Mohammad to simply piss off Muslims, I don't think Muslims should resort to tyrannical measures like censoring the internet.
Reply 53
SouthernFreerider
i was exaggerating....

but it does annoy me how religion meddles in things it shouldnt. i.e. people's day to day lives.

Religion is a way of life.

What did you think it is?
-M$ Ultr@-

Despicable.

Possibly that the state shouldn't interfere regards access to social networking sites - it's a bit overkill no?
-M$ Ultr@-

Despicable.

No i dont use facebook much.Im trying to show the rest of u ******* extremists are ruining my life because u cant handle some one drawing a tiny cartoon of your prophet.
This government needs to grow the **** up and tackle real problems like corruption and poverty rather than banning a website because some drew mohammad.Seriously it should be my right to do whatever i want its as simple as that
Gross, what strange people. I sometimes forget we're in the 21st Century...
Reply 57
x_muneeb_x
No i dont use facebook much.Im trying to show the rest of u ******* extremists are ruining my life because u cant handle some one drawing a tiny cartoon of your prophet.
This government needs to grow the **** up and tackle real problems like corruption and poverty rather than banning a website because some drew mohammad.Seriously it should be my right to do whatever i want its as simple as that

Aah the troll appears. :rolleyes:
Moe Lester
Possibly that the state shouldn't interfere regards access to social networking sites - it's a bit overkill no?

Right on it my right to do whatever i want whenever i want.I'm not using much FB anyways since im studying for AS levels but the fact is the state should have no interference in the lives of individuals because of something like religion.
Democracy
Drawing is an attack? :wtf:

Seriously, get some perspective, and like I said earlier lighten up.

Whilst many people will be drawing Mohammad to simply piss off Muslims, I don't think Muslims should resort to tyrannical measures like censoring the internet.
But it's democracy dude. If that's what they want, let 'em.

Latest

Trending

Trending