Gap year ideas? Watch

carasmith
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hey I'm planning on taking a gap year and I want to go traveling from september to early december. What are some good ways for a young blonde girl to travel alone? Obviously if I wanted to go backpacking it would have to be in a group or at least with someone else, I wouldn't feel safe by myself. And also what are good ways to meet other people who are looking for travel partners? thanks for your help! :rolleyes: x
marknorthlondon
Report 8 years ago
Take a tour! You will meet and travel with people and its safe / structured etc. GO to SE Asia its amazing!

Has a quick search and these gap year tours etc look good -
http://www.gapyear365.com/category/travel-tour
Athelstan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm in the exact same position, need someone to go travel with!
carasmith
Rep:
?
Where are you planning on going?
Ahmz
Report 8 years ago
im the same...i'm planning on going to Thailand for 2 months to teach English, that kind of thing is definitely safe and worthwhile because you are working in a small school with children and you share a dorm with about 10 other english speaking people from the uk and other countries...after you could visit other countries like Vietnam, china, Japan etc... that's what I'm doing =) Plus if u like backpacking and stuff u will def meet people on the plane/ferry doing the same thing and u can go with them...im also planning on going to some of the backpacking islands of the coast of china...im sure u will end up meeting people on the way =)
carasmith
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ahmz)
im the same...i'm planning on going to Thailand for 2 months to teach English, that kind of thing is definitely safe and worthwhile because you are working in a small school with children and you share a dorm with about 10 other english speaking people from the uk and other countries...after you could visit other countries like Vietnam, china, Japan etc... that's what I'm doing =) Plus if u like backpacking and stuff u will def meet people on the plane/ferry doing the same thing and u can go with them...im also planning on going to some of the backpacking islands of the coast of china...im sure u will end up meeting people on the way =)
Haha how weird you just mentioned pretty much all the countries I'm thinking of going to. Definitely thinking the coast of china Maybe I'll meet you along the way!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (43)
43.88%
Pro-humanity (55)
56.12%