iPhone question? Watch

mathshelp4
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Does anyone know of a way/app that allows me to connect my iPhone to my laptop's internet connection via USB? I'm not looking to use my iPhone as a modem for my laptop, which is what I understand internet tethering to be, more so the other way around! The wifi in my house unfortunately doesn't work in my room (long story) which is why I can only connect to the internet via a wired network and would like to still be able to use internet on my iPhone too! Also phone is jailbroken!Thanks!
member159703
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by mathshelp4)
Does anyone know of a way/app that allows me to connect my iPhone to my laptop's internet connection via USB? I'm not looking to use my iPhone as a modem for my laptop, which is what I understand internet tethering to be, more so the other way around! The wifi in my house unfortunately doesn't work in my room (long story) which is why I can only connect to the internet via a wired network and would like to still be able to use internet on my iPhone too! Also phone is jailbroken!Thanks!
http://giftcard.anhblog.net/iphone/t...op-for-iphone/
Quick google found some answers. I knew it could be done using ad hoc wifi, but usb I don't know.
Leon Trotsky
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
PDANet does that. Also, if you can set up a Wi-Fi network on your PC/Mac, you can use that to connect as well. It's really good, try it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1618)
79.2%
Leave (425)
20.8%

Watched Threads