The Student Room Group

Is choosing who you want to date pick based on race the same as not wanting to date..

.. a certain person due not liking their height/hair colour/ weight.
I hear this loads of times, I find this hard to believe though as you can change many things about you but not your race. My male friend said this to me so I asked him "If you saw a hot ginger girl would you date her", he said yes. Then I asked "If you saw a hot black girl would you date her" he said probably no.
Yet he says he doesn't like gingers or blacks. What's going on?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
*Sorry title screwed up. I meant is saying you don't want to date someone based on their race the same as not dating someone due to other factors such as hair colour?
I'm not a fan of black girls myself but then again it's not a huge problem since blacks are only 2% of the population so I'm only ruling myself out of 1% of Britain's population.Some are nice looking but it's just some of the attitudes and mannerisms portrayed over here and in the Americas are off-putting. This is from my own experience
It's quite different. You can change your hair colour and weight if you want to.
Reply 3
So it's not the colour it's the sterotype associated with it?
Reply 4
9MmBulletz
I'm not a fan of black girls myself but then again it's not a huge problem since blacks are only 2% of the population so I'm only ruling myself out of 1% of Britain's population.Some are nice looking but it's just some of the attitudes and mannerisms portrayed over here and in the Americas are off-putting. This is from my own experience
It's quite different. You can change your hair colour and height if you want to.

Wait, what?

I didn't realise height was a factor of lifestyle ..
Anonymous
*Sorry title screwed up. I meant is saying you don't want to date someone based on their race the same as not dating someone due to other factors such as hair colour?

This is necessary here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_mDTLphIVY&feature=related

Yes it is exactly the same as that and yes I would probably never go for a black girl because their features are not to my taste, this is not racism. I mean I have seen some mixed raced girls that are decent but generally it's a look that doesn't turn me on. Plus mixed race is not black as such.

Although you can never say never, might one day fancy a black girl :biggrin:
Reply 6

Sorry :P
Adonis
Wait, what?

I meant weight.
To be honest I put race in the same category as hair colour etc. It's just another factor of appearance, it's not your fault if you don't like someone because they look a certain way or are a certain colour.

And before someone replies back with "oooh, racism!!!11", I'm only talking about pure appearance i.e. people of African ancestry tend to have bigger noses etc. If you don't want to date someone purely because of their ethnic background then that is wrong.
Reply 9
9MmBulletz
I meant weight.

to a degree.

you are still limited by genetics, to a lesser degree sure, but it's not totally under your control

I love size 4-8 girls, some girls can't physically be a size 8
Beige_Angel
To be honest I put race in the same category as hair colour etc. It's just another factor of appearance, it's not your fault if you don't like someone because they look a certain way or are a certain colour.

And before someone replies back with "oooh, racism!!!11", I'm only talking about pure appearance i.e. people of African ancestry tend to have bigger noses etc. If you don't want to date someone purely because of their ethnic background then that is wrong.

Not really, we Africans have wider noses, and europeans/south asians have longer noses
Adonis
to a degree.

you are still limited by genetics, to a lesser degree sure, but it's not totally under your control

I love size 4-8 girls, some girls can't physically be a size 8

I'm a big guy (about 6'2) and I prefer taller girls (around 5'10) so I prefer size 12.
However, if a 5'5 girl ar around size 8 came along and she was hella fine, you know...
Reply 12
9MmBulletz
I'm a big guy (about 6'2) and I prefer taller girls (around 5'10) so I prefer size 12.
However, if a 5'5 girl ar around size 8 came along and she was hella fine, you know...

well I've dated a girl who was 4'9 and I'm 5'8 and that was awkward, she was too low to kiss lol

so for me, 5'4 is perfect height and small frame
Reply 13
Most people have racial preferences when it comes to dating. They just don't like to admit it.
9MmBulletz
Not really, we Africans have wider noses, and europeans/south asians have longer noses

I meant bigger as taking up a larger part of the face compared to other races i.e. me (although I know I'm mixed but my nose is a darn good example :p: )

Spoiler

compared to

Spoiler

There's nothing wrong with even the most odd criteria that someone might have for dating someone, because choosing people to date isn't a matter of unfair discrimination, it's a matter of personal preference. Everyone has a right not to be unfairly discriminated against, but no-one has the right to be found attractive.
Beige_Angel
I meant bigger as taking up a larger part of the face compared to other races i.e. me (although I know I'm mixed but my nose is a darn good example :p: )

Spoiler

compared to

Spoiler

what mix are you?
9MmBulletz
what mix are you?

Half Jamaican, half Irish. Obviously got my nose off the first half :p:
Potential Trigger
This is necessary here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_mDTLphIVY&feature=related

Yes it is exactly the same as that and yes I would probably never go for a black girl because their features are not to my taste, this is not racism. I mean I have seen some mixed raced girls that are decent but generally it's a look that doesn't turn me on. Plus mixed race is not black as such.

Although you can never say never, might one day fancy a black girl :biggrin:

What about oriental, asian girls
Indieboohoo
What about oriental, asian girls

Hotter for sure.

Latest

Trending

Trending