Can you . . Watch

DancinBallerina
Badges: 20
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
. . Start an essay with a quote? . . I am currently still trying to fathom my way through a 2500 word essay on reality tv. I have found this quote: ''In the future everybody will be world famous for fifteen minutes" which I thought would be quite good to start the essay as that was said in 1968 - which is poignant to the 21st century in regards to reality tv!

Just wondering - has anyone else ever started an essay like this before?? . .I never have so taking a gamble as it's my very last uni essay EVER . .so it kinda needs to be a good piece considering it's worth 75% of my overall grade for the module!! . .
ididthis4u
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
Probably.
chemical_bex
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yeah, i like to start essays with quotes
Gives it a bit of oomph lol
WhatTheFunk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
go for it, long as it sounds good, and you can back it up
The opening paragraph is important like in a song or a musical piece. It has to catch the interest of the audience. In an essay, the opening paragraph has the same effect. In an essay the opening paragraph deals with the Q ‘say what you want to say’
as a lecturer off mine puts it
DancinBallerina
Badges: 20
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by robinson999)
go for it, long as it sounds good, and you can back it up
The opening paragraph is important like in a song or a musical piece. It has to catch the interest of the audience. In an essay, the opening paragraph has the same effect. In an essay the opening paragraph deals with the Q ‘say what you want to say’
as a lecturer off mine puts it
(Original post by chemical_bex)
Yeah, i like to start essays with quotes
Gives it a bit of oomph lol
Thank You
tradingmyheartforyours
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yeah, it's cute and better than the quotations I usually use. That shows culture relevance and analysis. It will be interesting to read.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (620)
80.62%
Leave (149)
19.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed