My boyfriend wants me to give it up. What to do? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Anon because family on here (I'm Asian :p: )
I'll try to keep it short; basically we're both 22, at uni and we've done stuff. Like well we've made out just in underwear but not actually had sex.
We've been together for 8 months and he's started to imply that he wants to have sex now; he's not saying if I don't give it up he'll leave.
But I've always wanted to save my virginity because I always thought I'd let the one guy I'll spend the rest of my life with corrupt me his way :perv:
So, ideally I'd want to wait until marriage, (not for religious reasons, i'm not religious at all) but he knows I dont mind waiting just until we're engaged.
Should I give it up just to make him happy or make him wait until we're engaged?
The-Ideal-Height
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You've only been together for 8 months - I think it's a huge assumption that you're going to become engaged. Of course you should stick to your morals, though; if you don't want sex, don't have sex. But I'd just advise you to think about what you'd be losing if he became too frustrated and left (:
Threepigs
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Are you that hermoine girl?
Neil_K
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
8 months and no sex? Waiting until marriage to have sex? Jesus, that is just ridiculous. I could right a long reply, but I can't be bothered. I just shake my head at the ridiculousness of some of the posts I see here and how messed up people's 'relationships' are...
*Rouge*
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
leave him - if he can't respect your wishes not to have sex then he's hardly the type of guy you wanna marry
*Rouge*
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Neil_K)
8 months and no sex? Waiting until marriage to have sex? Jesus, that is just ridiculous. I could right a long reply, but I can't be bothered. I just shake my head at the ridiculousness of some of the posts I see here and how messed up people's 'relationships' are...
how the hell is her relationship 'messed up' because they're not having sex?!:confused:
maybesBABY
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
its YOUR virginity, you shouldn't give it up for someone else...

having said that you're placing your virginity on a pedestal for no reason...its just sex, doesn't make you less "worthy"

i think the problem you're having is tradition vs desire.

....i've always hated tradition
Discudvayne
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by *Rouge*)
leave him - if he can't respect your wishes not to have sex then he's hardly the type of guy you wanna marry
Very much this. I think this is the best advice you'll get. Of course, make sure he won't respect your wishes before you leave him. Have a nice, long, slightly awkward conversation about it with him
xxAFFxx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The fact that you're here questioning it and having doubts.
It obviously means you're not ready. Stick to what you believe in and dont let anyone guilt-trip you in it.
stick to what you belive is right for you.
spex
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
And from the male perspective: leave her. If you've waited patiently for 8 months and she still ain't doing what comes perfectly naturally to everyone else then you need to look elsewhere because that's just not healthy.
~Kat~
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Stick to what you believe in, else the chances are you'll end up regreting it later ( I sound like my Mum :shifty: My Mum's usually right... Proof!)
Anonymous #2
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'll try to keep it short; basically we're both 22, at uni and we've done stuff. Like well we've made out just in underwear but not actually had sex.
We've been together for 8 months and he's started to imply that he wants to have sex now; he's not saying if I don't give it up he'll leave.
But I've always wanted to save my virginity because I always thought I'd let the one guy I'll spend the rest of my life with corrupt me his way :perv:
So, ideally I'd want to wait until marriage, (not for religious reasons, i'm not religious at all) but he knows I dont mind waiting just until we're engaged.
Should I give it up just to make him happy or make him wait until we're engaged?
do stuff in between??
RichyFrench
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's not like he wants you to kill a kitten.. Jeez. It's only sex. Everyone has needs.. If they aren't being satisfied then he's likely to move on.. If you're not gonna give it up then tell him you don't want it to be a sexual relationship and set him free.
agolati
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Stick to what you believe in.

There's a lot of girls and boys that try to make their first time seem the best when they really regret it like anything, but they get too insecure and hot headed about the issue when you indicate that they regret it.

Your beliefs are better than your boyfriends blood rush and hormones that make him say "Look at me, I'm in love, everyone has the same emotions as me, but i am convinced this one is special, even though everyone else has the same conviction too" - Don't let go of your beliefs for a typical human trait basically lol
nadiaha
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Stick to your guns. If he respects you and loves you enough to want to marry you, he should be able to respect your wishes of waiting till your married, he shouldnt want to risk what you have already. :yep:

Hope that makes sense, im spouting thoughts as they come
louiseyeah
Report 8 years ago
I actually have so much respect for you right now. waiting for the right time and person is fantastic, you follow your heart x
jj1234567890123
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
*****, get back in the kitchen and start making sandwiches.

To keep him happy you should do 3 things.
Make sandwich,
Clean his clothes,
Suck **** on command like a robot.
generic hybrid
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
hey i made this thing for you

http://i49.tinypic.com/2zzqjpd.gif
Neil_K
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
how the hell is her relationship 'messed up' because they're not having sex?!:confused:
Because any normal couple would be having sex, you douche.

If there's no sex, they're not bf/gf but merely platonic friends.
bacforever3
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by spex)
And from the male perspective: leave her. If you've waited patiently for 8 months and she still ain't doing what comes perfectly naturally to everyone else then you need to look elsewhere because that's just not healthy.
Yes, leave her if you dont love her....
However, if you do, ask her to marry you!!! (other option here boys :P )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (269)
80.06%
Leave (67)
19.94%

Watched Threads