Height does matter for a guy. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Sorry for starting a thread on such a popular subject but i'm afraid a life for a short guy is way more difficult. I am 5ft7 and there are 13 year old girls taller than me, its **** and i have to live with it everyday. You get dismissed as a partner because girls shorter than you want the tall guys and girls taller than you want the guys taller than them.

None of the 'oh get over it', 'its not that tough' bull because its very tough if you have been discriminated against continuously for something which you cannot control. Most guys are 6ft+ these days and it is **** when you are constantly in their shadow and that so many girls are taller.
KingPin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
5ft7 is a pretty average height
Anonymous #2
Report 8 years ago
I am quite a bit shorter than you. It's not that bad. :p:
genghiz9000
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
it's all in your head
ritchie888
Badges: 14
Report 8 years ago
You're height is fine. Shush.
katebushfan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What do you expect people to say, exactly?
SirRamAlot
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Okay then.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by KingPin)
5ft7 is a pretty average height

It's not. There are height threads on tsr where a lot (the majority) of girls are taller. It's just pure b.s. , it's like having a disability tbh.

I have never let it get to me until now, but it just makes life a lot tougher and its demoralising to see how girls always run to the 6ft+ guys.

I would never discriminate based on height.
Skoji
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If you're paranoid about your height then you need to get over your insecurities. Simple as that. It's like being paranoid about your penis length, and we all know that's pretty pointless since they all do the same job (unless there's something seriously wrong).
steadyg
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
maybe your just not being physically/mentally appealing, hanging in the wrong social crowd, going for the wrong girl etc one of mixture...
Advanced Subsidiary
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It's not. There are height threads on tsr where a lot (the majority) of girls are taller. It's just pure b.s. , it's like having a disability tbh.

I have never let it get to me until now, but it just makes life a lot tougher and its demoralising to see how girls always run to the 6ft+ guys.

As I said in another thread, a girl who discriminates you because of your height isn't worth dating. Unless it's a preference but still height is not an issue.
lovely_me
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Only because you're short yourself...:P:

I have some petite friends and they would prefer shorter guys because any guys over 6ft would just ridiculous and they'd have to get a ladder everytime they wanted a kiss.

Anyway I'm 5'7 (female) and yes, I would only go for a guy at the very least 5'11 because I love wearing heels. Rugby players :sexface:
Shakaa
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I am 5'7 however I am only posting to increase my post count, I am hoping this will help me overcome my post count insecurities.
Shakaa
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
As I said in another thread, a girl who discriminates you because of your height isn't worth dating. Unless it's a preference but still height is not an issue.

liking the avatar :gah:
Mm_Minty
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
How is 5ft7 even short?
Mr Sparkles
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Lol. Oh well I guess it sucks to be short I wouldn't know, I'm 6ft 2.
Becca_18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yes, girls prefer taller guys and being short would work against you, but it doesn't HAVE to be a deal breaker. It's just one of many factors. I've been known to date guys who are slightly shorter than me (I'm 5'10, so most guys are :rolleyes: ).

What could help you is to hit the gym and bulk up. The reason that women prefer taller men is because of the primitive instinct that makes them seek out somebody who could protect them. The ladies would be more likely to overlook your height if you have really nice arm muscles. :yep:
hxx
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by lovely_me)
Only because you're short yourself...:P
Pure bullsh!t.

(Original post by lovely_me)
Anyway I'm 5'7 (female) and yes, I would only go for a guy at the very least 5'11 because I love wearing heels. Rugby players :sexface:
So you see men as an accessory. What a healthy view of men.
zjs
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
As always, I'll say this: it's not a big issue, it's only a little thing. It should be fairly easy to rise above it and move on with your life. If you meet the occasional girl who doesn't like you at the height you are, you just need to be the bigger man and accept it.
hxx
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Becca_18)
Yes, girls prefer taller guys and being short would work against you, but it doesn't HAVE to be a deal breaker. It's just one of many factors. I've been known to date guys who are slightly shorter than me (I'm 5'10, so most guys are :rolleyes: ).

What could help you is to hit the gym and bulk up. The reason that women prefer taller men is because of the primitive instinct that makes them seek out somebody who could protect them. The ladies would be more likely to overlook your height if you have really nice arm muscles. :yep:
And girls have the audacity to say that men are primitive and shallow :rolleyes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed