The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Goat
I was pooled by St Johns for Computer Science and I now have an interview at Robinson.

Are my chances less than they were before I got pooled or higher?

a lot higher, it's about 92% of those re-interviewed get places
Reply 2
fred86
a lot higher, it's about 92% of those re-interviewed get places

How do you know that?!

Are you sure?
Reply 3
Goat
How do you know that?!

Are you sure?

yeh they sent me some stats, think it was 409 got re-interviewd, 380 got places, or something similar
Reply 4
fred86
yeh they sent me some stats, think it was 409 got re-interviewd, 380 got places, or something similar

but somebody on here said there was 20 people for 2 places at Churchill for a post-pool interview.
Reply 5
Goat
but somebody on here said there was 20 people for 2 places at Churchill for a post-pool interview.

That was me! My friend was re-int. for law at Churchill last year and those were the stats. I think it depends entirelyon the course/college. It seems a little unfair to drag you there for a second interview when the odds aren't great but I suppose they want the best.

Good luck at Robinson - I think it's a really nice college.
Reply 6
Which college was your first choice, all of you with more interviews?
Reply 7
Sazzle
That was me! My friend was re-int. for law at Churchill last year and those were the stats. I think it depends entirelyon the course/college. It seems a little unfair to drag you there for a second interview when the odds aren't great but I suppose they want the best.

What subject was that for?
Reply 8
Goat
What subject was that for?

Law
Reply 9
Sazzle
Law

Do you think law would be more competetive than computer science? I would imagine its more popular.
I just realised that you already said what college Goat >_>
Anywayz good luck to ya:biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 11
HangingTree
I just realised that you already said what college Goat >_>
Anywayz good luck to ya:biggrin::biggrin:

Cheers.

Im kind of in shock and I dont even have any idea what sort of chance I have!
Reply 12
Sazzle

Have you been to Robinson then? Whats it like?
Goat

Robinson, known as the multi story for a reason. it's the most modern built 1970. Very unpretentious with great people, high state school etc. Good pool table. they get a tad protective over it. Seriously, you can't figure out your chances and it's best not to try. Just BE YOURSELF - Robinson of all places will appreciate that and it will help you to perform better. Good luck!
Reply 14
Goat
Do you think law would be more competetive than computer science? I would imagine its more popular.

Yeah I would expect so.
Reply 15
Goat

I applied there last year - was rejected but it's really nice - modern but very comfortable. Beautiful gardens, excellent rooms, nice atmosphere. It has a chapel - but I did't see inside it.

Latest

Trending

Trending