stafford tower vs lakeside Watch

tamilchokl8
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
basically im not sure whr to stay , lakeside is good as i get an ensuite bathroom but den agen i heard stafford tower is the best place for freshers, as you meet more people and hav more fun.

is it true that staying at lakeside you tend to miss out on all the social fun stuff
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tamilchokl8)
basically im not sure whr to stay , lakeside is good as i get an ensuite bathroom but den agen i heard stafford tower is the best place for freshers, as you meet more people and hav more fun.

is it true that staying at lakeside you tend to miss out on all the social fun stuff
It's not where you stay, it's what you make of it personally and what you do that counts. You can meet people anywhere and tbh I think someone just said that about Lakeside and it caught on. I was there in 1st year and didn't miss out on any social stuff or fun.
blatchcorn
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm a fresher this year and have applied for Lakeside, I want the ensuite
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by blatchcorn)
I'm a fresher this year and have applied for Lakeside, I want the ensuite
I think it's worth it. I've got one again next year.
Circularmover
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i applied for lakeside too...it seems like more of a chilled out place
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Circularmover)
i applied for lakeside too...it seems like more of a chilled out place
Depends who you're with but overall I'd say it's a bit more chilled than standard.
Circularmover
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by hannah_dru)
Depends who you're with but overall I'd say it's a bit more chilled than standard.
yh thats so true i cant wait
LSE-or-Broke
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Paying an extra £2000 or so just for the convenience of your own bathroom is a little...
lil_dreamer90
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
lakeside!! its so much nicer being able to have your own bathroom, i dont know how people in the towers cope and plus because its nicer, everyone just comes to lakeside anyway! im gonna miss it..
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LSE-or-Broke)
Paying an extra £2000 or so just for the convenience of your own bathroom is a little...
Depends on your reasons for having one. For me, it's completely worth it.
Gamer99
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by lil_dreamer90)
lakeside!! its so much nicer being able to have your own bathroom, i dont know how people in the towers cope and plus because its nicer, everyone just comes to lakeside anyway! im gonna miss it..
I, nor anybody I know ever went there once this year.
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Gamer99)
I, nor anybody I know ever went there once this year.
Everyone came over to my flat 2 years ago. Guess it just depends on where your friends are.
Mojo29
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
£2,000? I hope you don't do maths or accounting; my accounting lecturer would have a heart attack with rounding like that!

It's not just for your own bathroom; you get a larger kitchen, more peace and quiet (bigger doors and thicker walls), larger rooms, weekly cleaning of the kitchen plus the ability to live in a more modern environment.
FireDeuce
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Mojo29)
£2,000? I hope you don't do maths or accounting; my accounting lecturer would have a heart attack with rounding like that!

It's not just for your own bathroom; you get a larger kitchen, more peace and quiet (bigger doors and thicker walls), larger rooms, weekly cleaning of the kitchen plus the ability to live in a more modern environment.
rofl.
Bigger doors? Definite consideration for me when I am picking somewhere to live.

Stafford gets the kitchen cleaned daily/bin taken out for you.

Larger kitchen in Lawrence is debatable (although can you live in Lawrence this year?)

Wall thickness was no problem in Stafford.
LSE-or-Broke
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Okay I was exaggerating, it's only £1,200. But it's still a lot of money for a private bathroom, a slightly bigger room, a slightly nicer kitchen and a slightly more modern environment. Think of all the fun you could have with that cash!
palmz87
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
, a slightly nicer kitchen and a slightly more modern environment.
Understatement of the century. Comparing the quality and modernity of Lakeside and the towers is like comparing a Bentley Continental GT with a Trabant 601 . . .

Most of the comparisons with Lakeside and the Towers is based on the fact by paying the £1,200 a year extra, we must be rich c*nts who don't know how to enjoy themselves. Personally, I'd rather be called a snob than have to share a shower for a year. Sharing bathrooms in hotels died out years ago, so it is a bit of an anachronism that it still happens at Aston. Each to their own though!
aston2010
Report 8 years ago
well i have got stafford tower and im rather happy. who cares where you sleep and bathrooms. you dont plan to saty in there long. plus you save money to use on nights out and getting better uni experince x
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by aston2010)
well i have got stafford tower and im rather happy. who cares where you sleep and bathrooms. you dont plan to saty in there long. plus you save money to use on nights out and getting better uni experince x
Depends on the person really. Personally I have both sleep and health problems so Lakeside is the better choice for me. Would give anything to not care where I sleep and about bathrooms.
thefutile
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Depends on the person really. Personally I have both sleep and health problems so Lakeside is the better choice for me. Would give anything to not care where I sleep and about bathrooms.
Same reasons why I want/need an ensuite. Standard just wouldn't have worked at all for me :/
aston2010
Report 8 years ago

yesh very true :0 tbh im just gutted i couldnt get lakeside lol, i would prefer my own bathroom. but we have to live with what we get x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (532)
80.24%
Leave (131)
19.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed