Coventry University Watch

Ice_Queen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I didn't see the point in putting down more than two :P I put Priory, then Quadrant, then Singer. Got a place in Priory
benk87
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
I think Singer is the best bet if you want to be close to the Uni buildings (I lived there last year) It is all single sex flats but if someone drops out then they can stick opposite sex in there. Most of my friends lived in Singer, which was handy especially after a night out. Priory rooms look a bit small, and the whole thing's like a maze - it's impossible to find your way out again 1ce you're in!
b_lineaddict
Report 11 years ago
woo common' Singer Hall It seems to be popular. I agree with benk87 - closer to lectures = more sleep:rolleyes:

How long does it normally take for the accommodation folks to turn an application....I really wanna know what accommodation I got and haven't yet heard anything; it seems like I applied ages ago but its been about 2 n half weeks
Ice_Queen
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I went to the applicant's day and applied there and then. Even got to choose my own room ^_^
b_lineaddict
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ice_Queen)
I went to the applicant's day and applied there and then. Even got to choose my own room ^_^
:eek: You got to choose your own room!? What are they like - im sure its alot differet then the pics taht I saw on the website
Ice_Queen
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I only saw one of them- nI then went to the booking place and she said "well, as you're one of the first to apply for rooms you can choose where you want to be". So I said that I wanted to be as high up as possible and she said "well you can't go on the top as that is reserved for post-grads, but I can get you a corner room on the seventeenth floor". So I accepted and mom wrote a cheque for the deposit
Dubstar
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
<<sound of static>>

In other news today, I will be returning to uni next year, I have made up my mind. I shall be looking to get a fw shifts at a local McD's this time round, but I will be there
Ice_Queen
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
That's cool Nice one
Dubstar
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My student finance was all done online, but yeah, the acceptance thing was sent home.

You know if we're meeting up with all these new freshers, we might actually finally meet up for that drink :P

And yeah it's nice to have finally made my mind up, not too sure where I'm going with the degree, probably retail management, but it'll atleast give me that piece of paper.
Dubstar
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
So of those of you staying in Singer, who is not taking a car?

I'd like to talk about bending the rules for parking slightly (I want my car registered to park at singer), obviously I'll try and make it worth it
frantastic89
Report 11 years ago
[hey . im coming to cov (if i get the grades!) to do advertising and media. gunna be stayin in trinity , any one know what it is like there? x
frantastic89
Report 11 years ago
i need 3 C's (i think lol) so thats not so bad.
do u mean u had to start ur lectures etc at 9am :eek: . im soo exited. what is freshers week like at cov??
Groovy chick
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by <CJ>)
I want to know who designs it... might have to get in on the action next year me thinks.
A good idea.
Nickolas
Report 11 years ago
YaY

got into Coventry uni for law

which is brilliant seeing that i only got 200 ucas points instead of the 280 needed. but they said they liked me

so bloody happy, but now i have to send off for accommodation, and finish off my student loan requests.
frantastic89
Report 11 years ago
how do u kno ur results alrready??
Nickolas
Report 11 years ago
i did a BTEC insted of A-Levels, so my results come earlier
Nickolas
Report 11 years ago
yeah i still hope to stay in singer, taking my deposit in on wednesday, hopefully i can get into there, if not well i havent made my choice on where else to stay other than there. thinking apollo house or trinity point.

and yep i am from coventry, so i know it like the back of my hand

and i have sent off an email to the su earlier, seeing if i can get a bar job, as i would like the extra cash. does anyone know what it is like working in the su bar?
Dubstar
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Nickolas)
and i have sent off an email to the su earlier, seeing if i can get a bar job, as i would like the extra cash. does anyone know what it is like working in the su bar?
Daytime it is mostly slow, with a relaxed friendly atosphere. Later when the various night time things kick off it's busy and packed.

It's a good mix, and I can imagine it being quite a fun bar to work in.
smurfy642
Report 11 years ago
hey, im going to coventry uni in sept 07 (pending results) to do Music and Professional Practice is anyone else doing this course? i am also staying in Trinity Point, is anyone else on here staying there?
smurfy642
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by frantastic89)
[hey . im coming to cov (if i get the grades!) to do advertising and media. gunna be stayin in trinity , any one know what it is like there? x
hey im also gonna be staying in trinity point but im doing music and professional practice. have u found many people on here staying at trinity?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (48)
29.45%
No - I got the required grades (95)
58.28%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (20)
12.27%

Watched Threads