Coventry University Watch

Groovy chick
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ice_Queen)
Nor me. Still waiting!
I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one! I was definately getting paranoid!
Mark2611
Report 11 years ago
Hi guys,

just joined as going to coventry in little over a month now to study tourism management. Ne1 else on here doing the same??? Im staying at trinity point had it all confirmed now, so just starting to collect together all the stuff needed!!!
Groovy chick
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Mark2611)
Hi guys,
so just starting to collect together all the stuff needed!!!
Me too!
benk87
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by smurfy642)
hiya, i got a b in music and a c in english lang/lit and a c in ICT, oh right thats cool, so do the music composition people and music and professional practice people share lectures etc? what do u play? i play oboe and clarinet mainly.
That's cool, yeah performers and composers do virtually the same lectures (at least for year 1). I play violin (or at least attempt to), you'll be in great demand for the windband then as you play clarinet and oboe! The class sizes are relatively small, there are about 30 people in my year (that's performers and composers put together), so you're able to get plenty of one on one time with a lecturer. Where abouts are you gona be living?
smurfy642
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by benk87)
That's cool, yeah performers and composers do virtually the same lectures (at least for year 1). I play violin (or at least attempt to), you'll be in great demand for the windband then as you play clarinet and oboe! The class sizes are relatively small, there are about 30 people in my year (that's performers and composers put together), so you're able to get plenty of one on one time with a lecturer. Where abouts are you gona be living?
oh right thats cool, will b useful having small classes so i can get any help etc from the lecturers. im staying in trinity point. when does the windband meet, is there an orchestra that i can join too or is there only a windband? where did u stay 4 ur first yr of uni?
Dubstar
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Mark2611)
Hi guys,

just joined as going to coventry in little over a month now to study tourism management. Ne1 else on here doing the same??? Im staying at trinity point had it all confirmed now, so just starting to collect together all the stuff needed!!!
I know a few people who are going onto that course from our foundation year group, good luck with it

You'll be in the same faculty as me.

And yeah my list for stuff I needed to take with me last year changed day by day lol.

I guess I'm quite lucky to have had my first week schedule posted out then? If you guys haven't received yours yet?
Little_Miss_Naughty
Report 11 years ago
Hi guys. Just wondering, are the sports socs at CU full of really sporty people? I want to get fit again (damn the lack of PE at college) and was thinking taking up cheerleading at CU (as long as Ice_Queen comes with me...she's sitting over my shoulder in tears, she doesn't want to), but obviously don't want to if it's only ultra-fit, ultra-toned stereotypical cheerleaders.
I haven't got any gymnastics experience (except PE!), and only a little dance experience (I was at a dance school from the ages of about 5-11, and did some dance at secondary school in PE) and wondered if I could still take part?
benk87
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by smurfy642)
oh right thats cool, will b useful having small classes so i can get any help etc from the lecturers. im staying in trinity point. when does the windband meet, is there an orchestra that i can join too or is there only a windband? where did u stay 4 ur first yr of uni?
The windband last year met on a tuesday night, but i think it might change this year. The department do run an orchestra as well, because the windband is a Student Union Society, so it's run by students. The orchestra is ok, but it's really just an extension of the windband with strings as well (mainly because of the selection of instruments availabe, which isn't all that huge). If you're used to a proper youth orchestra, it may be a slight letdown! I stayed in Singer Halls for my first year of uni, just a little bit further in than Trinity Point.
Shell05231
Report 11 years ago
Hey I'm going there to study business management, I come from a small town so the nightlife don't bother me as long as i'm with my friends, I could be in a shack and id still have fun, as long as they play good dancing music lol xx
benk87
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by <CJ>)
:eek: Is this the same Ben that did Music composition and stayed in Singer block 33 last year next to me (Chris)??

If so... how'd you get on? You had to stay longer than us so I was one of the first to leave I think.
I think Jason was due to leave last due to him being on placement.... but never got the chance to say goodbye to Paul.

Hope everything went ok :yy:
This IS the same Ben! You left first, then andy and I left the thursday before the end of term. I did well thanks, got a 2:1! How did you do?
Bluestar87
Report 11 years ago
Going to Cov in Sep - studying Forensic & Investigative Studies.
Was going to share a place with ^ Chris ^, but now i'm going to be staying at Raglan House.
Mark2611
Report 11 years ago
[QUOTE=Dubstar]I know a few people who are going onto that course from our foundation year group, good luck with it QUOTE]

Is that a hint of sarcasm i detect there dubstar?!
Ice_Queen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Dubstar? Sarcastic? Surely not!
Preshus88
Report 11 years ago
hmm its been over a week now since i posted my application to accomadation but still no answer, am i the only one who still doesnt know
arsenal14
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Preshus88)
hmm its been over a week now since i posted my application to accomadation but still no answer, am i the only one who still doesnt know
I am also yet to recieve an answer to my application for accomadation, what course are you taking in coventry
Dubstar
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Actually, for once, no.

Merely stating a fact. I did the BES faculty foundation year last year. Which, aslong as you do well in it, pretty much gets you onto any course the faculty offers.

A few of the friends I met are (I think) going on to study tourism management. Others are doing event management, geography, finance etc...
NeedAName
Report 11 years ago
Anyone doing economics?
NeedAName
Report 11 years ago
I'm not there yet, applying this year...I think
Sithius
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Going Cov next September but decided on a gap to earn cash. (Don't want big student loan :/)

Got a place for Psychology but thinking of switching to Law. Got a year to decide anyway :p:. What is the 'flirt night' thing I got on my freshers week leaflet? Had me interested lol; maybe just the funny name.

Oh and Cov was my insurance. Due to my subjects (Economics, Philosophy and computing) I didn't get into my firm, Swansea. (yes didn't study for subjects I hate, yes hate Eco and Comp, yes love Psych, Law, Science so there ya go. Chose the wrong ones.) Still got the min 280 points though!
Sithius
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Haha, much experience with it then?

Yeah the gap idea seems logical but the hard part is now finding a job. Going to apply for morrisons tomorrow, full time, which will be rubbish/boring but I just need one fast. The pay over here isn't too bad.

Didn't know about the CUSU website, thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (84)
26.09%
No (238)
73.91%

Watched Threads