Ice_Queen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by tarek222)
Hi Ice_Queen.
How r u?
I just registered for submitting an application for the accomodation, but i didnt know wt to put for the length of the contract! Is it a 40 weeks or 44 weeks contract for me as an undergraduate? and can u tell me about the university dates? like when the year starts, how long is the christmas break, and when does the ends?
Thx a lot,
40 weeks if you are in Priory The term will start in the last week of September for you I think, you'll move in on the 20th probably- but you will get more information.
Here is a link for term dates and stuffs.
Ice_Queen
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by <CJ>)
1 down.... 2 to go *sigh*
5 down, 1 to go When is your last one? Mine is Friday.
Ice_Queen
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by <CJ>)
Thursday morning is my last one. And wow, 5 down already :eek: good going.

Can't wait for them to be over
I had an insane amount of exams. Which sucks, cos I don't like exams at all. They trigger my bi-polar, I forget everything the minute I set foot in the hall...I'd rather be doing coursework!

I can't WAIT until Friday. I am so celebrating! Adam is buying an entire KFC Bargain Bucket and eating the entire thing to celebrate...I might stick with Chinese and a new top
networkingNut
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My final year has been my lowest number of exams. In all the four years I have been there I had four or five last year ad this year I only have two. I had 355cs on Sat (thats a regular thing for some reason). I now have 320cs at 2 on thurs and thats my lot. Cant wait. I then need to look for a job, which is apparently the hard part. I also get to open my Wii which has been in its box since I got it as it would be a distraction

I have heard of people having four exams in the space of two days. Two morning and afternoon sessions.

All the best to everyone.

nN
Kyle_Leonard
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
If anybody wants to knwo anything about Coventry, i can help you out, im going to the university this year and have lived in and around the area all my life lol! Anybody on here live at Callice Court?! I will be moving in for the summer on the 26th July
susannah123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
how comes you're moving in so early :s
Ice_Queen
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
One more...and it's Friday. Spent the day today revising for it. I hate "Mathematics for Economists and Accountants".

Good thing is though, I have Economics students as mates. Gonna poke my tongue out at them as I walk out (it's a half module for me, full for them, so we only have half the time )
Ice_Queen
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by <CJ>)
That sounds like one of the most evil modules around :indiff:

Booo, don't like these morning ones barely any time to revise before I head off. Might try and sleep now and get up a 5 or something :s:
Not compared to financial accounting. I get all the formulae in Maths, it's just plugging numbers in.
In finance, however, I have to draw up an Income Statement, Balance Sheet and either a Statement of Changes in Equity or an Appropriation Account. It's eeeevil, and I will almost certainly have to resit it.
networkingNut
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I am so glad mine are over. Now looking for a job but have no real experience, which is a pain. All the best to everyone, whatever you are doing.

nN
Ice_Queen
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by networkingNut)
I am so glad mine are over. Now looking for a job but have no real experience, which is a pain. All the best to everyone, whatever you are doing.

nN
What sort of job are you looking for?
networkingNut
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I want to be installing and maintaining IT networks for companies. I have applied for a few but have not heard back. Its either a case of lack of experience or a very specific qualification, which I dont have. This is where I think the uni let me down as there was very little hands on work, just theory.

nN
Ice_Queen
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by networkingNut)
I want to be installing and maintaining IT networks for companies. I have applied for a few but have not heard back. Its either a case of lack of experience or a very specific qualification, which I dont have. This is where I think the uni let me down as there was very little hands on work, just theory.

nN
Sounds cool, but sounds quite practical. What did you say your degree was?
networkingNut
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ice_Queen)
Sounds cool, but sounds quite practical. What did you say your degree was?
Bsc in network computing (uni code MISU096).It is a very practical subject but something the uni never grasped. They were to concerned with theory. Its been a real disappointment. I did the cisco training but even that was poor. At most it concisted of connecting three router and possibly a switch. I can see myself having to more training.

I am however glad I mad it through the project as that was a nightmare (long story). I was so tempted to drop out.

nN
susannah123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
does coventry accept general studies studies? im going to be doing Advertising & Media
Brummie_Bex
Report 10 years ago
yes, coventry accepots general studies for advertising and media
susannah123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
thats hot
Ice_Queen
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Stupid extended fire alarm testing...at least I am an early riser so the 8.11am start doesn't bother me (I was up at 7.30). But they're still going on!
susannah123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
d0 u think if i dont get enough points they will not let me in
susannah123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
thanks CJ
Crissi
Report 10 years ago
How hard is clearing?..after weighing up the pro's and con's (personally) im starting tolean more to coventry...Plus theres no doubt my grades will suck...and this would be the 2nd time i change my course at cov...
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (151)
18.13%
No (507)
60.86%
Not really bothered about them (175)
21.01%

Watched Threads