The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Coventry University

Scroll to see replies

Hii me again:biggrin:

do u kno how many days a week i have to come in for media& advertising???
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 521
I'm doin advertising & marketing, an I'm gonna be in everyday
Reply 522
I live in Coventry.

It is full of *****.
Coventry University is located 2 or 3 minutes away from the roughest part of the city.
Heylo :smile: I'm back- after I moved out of Priory I lost Internet as the Virgin Media peoples are evil. But now I am at my boyfriend's flat which now has Internets :biggrin:
Anyway, I got my results and passed all but one module, which I knew I'd failed anyway! For those of you that knew I was applying for extenuating circumstances- I didn't get them :frown: They don't give them retrospectively at CU!
And I am also welcoming new students to Coventry :biggrin: Good luck in getting good accomodation and in your A-levels- results are on the fourteenth? Have fun :biggrin:
Reply 524
Hey everyone, just been going through the thread, quite interesting stuff here. My worry at the moment is I still haven't received an offer (accommodation), even though I applied as early as possible. Do you get a letter through the post, do you get an email- because I haven't received anything at all with regards to accommodation:confused: :confused: :confused: .
The other thing is- how easy is it to change courses once you start Uni:s-smilie: - because I'd applied to study BA Law and International Relations, but now I'm thinking I'd be better off doing straight LLB Law. Hope to get some responses soon. Thanks:p:
Reply 525
Banda
Hey everyone, just been going through the thread, quite interesting stuff here. My worry at the moment is I still haven't received an offer (accommodation), even though I applied as early as possible. Do you get a letter through the post, do you get an email- because I haven't received anything at all with regards to accommodation:confused: :confused: :confused: .
The other thing is- how easy is it to change courses once you start Uni:s-smilie: - because I'd applied to study BA Law and International Relations, but now I'm thinking I'd be better off doing straight LLB Law. Hope to get some responses soon. Thanks:p:

Very easy to change, you got three weeks to change, as long as your grades are decent you will be ok, especially since most of Cov's courses go into clearing anyway.
Reply 526
Thanks so much guys,I'll try to contact the University with regards to the accommodation issue but...each time I log in to 'Student Accommodation Online', the following message appears:

"Your accommodation offer has been assigned a booking state, which may be:
Awaiting Response - please click view button and accept/reject the offer (Contract) of accommodation.
Accepted - you have accepted the offer (Contract) of accommodation.
Rejected - you have rejected the offer (Contract) of accommodation.
Cancel Accepted - You have accepted and then cancelled your offer (Contract) of accommodation "

So I've become even more confused, because it sort of implies that they must have sent some info through email or something, but like i said earlier, I haven't been contacted as yet. I think phoning in is the way forward, we'll see what happens....
Reply 527
Banda
Thanks so much guys,I'll try to contact the University with regards to the accommodation issue but...each time I log in to 'Student Accommodation Online', the following message appears:

"Your accommodation offer has been assigned a booking state, which may be:
Awaiting Response - please click view button and accept/reject the offer (Contract) of accommodation.
Accepted - you have accepted the offer (Contract) of accommodation.
Rejected - you have rejected the offer (Contract) of accommodation.
Cancel Accepted - You have accepted and then cancelled your offer (Contract) of accommodation "

So I've become even more confused, because it sort of implies that they must have sent some info through email or something, but like i said earlier, I haven't been contacted as yet. I think phoning in is the way forward, we'll see what happens....

If you hold a conditional offer at Cov your accommodation will not be confirmed until you meet your offer
Reply 528
Crissi
If you hold a conditional offer at Cov your accommodation will not be confirmed until you meet your offer

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh:p: now that you've said it, that makes sense now:yep: :biggrin: thanks!!!:redface:
Reply 529
<CJ>
Which part's that then?

Hillfields, up just past Far Gosford Street.
Reply 530
Fair enough an opinions an opinion, just out of curiosity what other parts of the city do you think are worse than hillfields?
Reply 531
<CJ>
I don't know if there are any other parts that are rougher, I was just thinking of places i've known in other cities and compare them to Hillfields you'd notice a difference (especifically parts of London and Manchester). I've had to walk through there a number of times late at night/early morning and never had a problem at all.

I'm not so aware of the different areas as i've only lived in halls and now in Ball Hill... I know a few of the estates and stuff, just not by name. Like the nicer areas when you start heading out towards Warwick Uni way... no idea what that's called.

Maybe im just a posh boy :cool:
Reply 532
I've just realised that my accommodation application has been sitting there completed but unsubmitted, how embarassing. I must've forgot to press the final button!

I;ve just submitted it properly now, is this too late or is it ok? I am a deferred student and i got my accommodation registration letter ages back?

Anyone else havn't applied for their accommodation yet?
Reply 533
<CJ>
Depends where you've applied to really... some places will get filled quicker than others and I *think* they work on a first come first served basis. Could be wrong though.

But you should be ok, and it isn't as if they wouldn't be able to accommodate you at all, since there's plenty of students that are yet to apply through clearing, as soon as the results come out :yy:

Out of curiosity, where you hope to get in to? (and do they still do a Top 3 thing?)

Trinity was my first, then singer hall then sherbourne. My best mate got into trinity today, got his contract etc. which is what prompted me to look into why i havnt heard anything..simply because i must've been distracted as i was about to hit 'submit' -.- god so annoyed. i was brickin it thinking i'd submitted too late and couldnt be accommodated and wouldnt be able to go :O

EDIT: i know my chances of getting into trinity are pretty much 0 at the mo. gutted.
Reply 534
<CJ>
Hmmm, I wouldn't be so sure :yy:

My mate who applied last year (is a member here, but doesn't post anymore) couldn't decide where he wanted to live and kept changing his mind. He still managed to get into the one next to Singer - for the life of me, keep forgetting it's name :>.<:

But yeah, you never know. Plus it's run by a seperate company is Trinity isn't it.... they might do things different. We'll see, but you should be ok I expect :smile:
Even Singer Hall when I stayed there had a couple of empty slots (later taken up by people transfering).

I also still have no idea where Sherbourne House is :teeth:

Me neither. I had my heart set on trinity because it's just awesome. Besides the fact its 90 quid a week it's top notch. Do you know when the deadline is accommodation applications? What would happen to someone who never applied for the accommodation? would they just be allocated randomly somewhere to live, just out of interest? :P
Reply 535
Well 2 days after I submitted my application I got 'allocated' accommodation, which is good and faaaast. The annoying thing is, is that even though the status of my application is 'allocated' it doesnt bloody say which one! My contract tab is 'no booking made' and then I call up the accommodation people and they say 'we dont know either, wait for an email' ANNOYING
Reply 536
Just accepted my trinity point offer! :biggrin:, surprised i got it with such a late application ;o

I'm in flat 24 so if anyone else in this forum has it too, let me know :cool:
The one next to Singer is Raglan, Sherbourne is near Earlsdon (Go past the Skydome, where the Golden Phoenix is, and you can see it, you also pass it on the way to the station).

And Trinity? You poor duckling. The security in there is insane, my boyfriend lived there last year. Two nights a week :frown: We're both pleased as punch now he's moved out and has his own flat! But yeah, lots of restrictions on all sorts of things, the rooms are quite small, and you have to clean the kitchens...unlike Priory which is possibly the most relaxed and laziest halls *is quite obviously an ex-Priory resident*.
you know in coventry when using the microwave and putting in salmon for 6 minutes does it actually cook
cool thanks cj u know everything

Quick Reply

Latest