Turn on thread page Beta

To the guys >>> would you care if your girlfriend/wife/partner earn't more money? watch

ReputationRep:
    Than you?

For me personally, I would, I would feal like my masculinity was being undermined.

It would be great if my partner was earning 100k a year - but only if I was earning 101.

Discuss/

edit: ignore grammatical error in the title please

ReputationRep:
    No. Grammatical error ignored. Thank you and good evening.

ReputationRep:
    For me I wouldn't care unless the gap was so big that there was a social difference between us, if I get access to the moola then I'm all for it.

ReputationRep:
    I've been a farmer, a businessman, a cop and a marine during Vietnam, so LISTEN UP.

No I would not care.

Thugs and criminals, if they can keep us in the dark they can do what they want with the money, and they don't give a rip about Alabama.

ReputationRep:
    To be quite honest, I would prefer being better than my girlfriend at stuff I'm good at. I'm not sure whether I'd mind being less good that much, though.

edit:
    That's generally speaking. On topic: I don't think so.

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't see why it would be a problem.

Some girls think the same though. By that I mean they agree the man should earn more. One of my housemates at uni said that she wanted to marry a rich doctor. I said "But you're planning on being a doctor, so surely you want to earn a lot of money?" Her answer was "Yeah, but I want my husband to earn more."

Women are strange creatures sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    I'd just be happy to have a girlfriend haha. No I don't think it would bother me. Be more of a relief really.

ReputationRep:
    No. I'd be glad they were earning lots of money. Why would you complain about having more disposable income? Bizarre.

ReputationRep:
    No, i would not care. As long as i loved her, that is all that matters to me.

ReputationRep:
    My wife does earn more than me,lol, by about 5k/yr

ReputationRep:
    Heck I would love to marry a rich beautiful and intelligent woman, means I could do what I loved and drive nice cars.

ReputationRep:
    Girls want men to be in power! It's a natural instinct

ReputationRep:
    I'm an International Relations student. She's a neuroscientist & pharmacologist. It's going to happen...

ReputationRep:
    Nope it wouldn't matter to me, I see myself as the breadwinner of the family and I'd want to take care of them.

ReputationRep:
    I feel kind of sad for guys who need to affirm their masculinity like this.

ReputationRep:
    "Earn't" :rofl:

I would love it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Byllie)
    Than you?

For me personally, I would, I would feal like my masculinity was being undermined.

It would be great if my partner was earning 100k a year - but only if I was earning 101.

Discuss/

edit: ignore grammatical error in the title please

No, I'm completely comfortable with my masculinity and wouldn't give a ****.

And as I can't imagine ever being in love with, or dating, some girl that had this kind of backwards ass view... Woo. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Nah it wouldn't be a problem. I'm all for gender equality, and we shouldn't stick to traditional roles that the man should earn more than the woman etc. So yeah i'd be absolutely fine with it

ReputationRep:
    Far from it, I want them to earn more money than me. I'm hoping to find a doctor tbh because a) she will be well off and b) round the clock medical care to satisfy my hypochondria.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrgd291190)
    I'm an International Relations student. She's a neuroscientist & pharmacologist. It's going to happen...
    :P: WIN!

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.