Turn on thread page Beta

If you applied to Oxbridge, were you successful? watch

• View Poll Results: If you applied, did you get into Oxbridge??
    YES
    58.70%
    NO
    41.30%

ReputationRep:
    DO NOT VOTE IF YOU DIDN'T APPLY!!As we all know, there is a lot of data saying 2% 5% and 20% got into Oxbridge. I want to find out myself. IF you applied to Oxbridge, and successfully got in (whether it was/wasn't the college of your first choice), vote YES.

If you didn't get in to Oxbridge, vote NO.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    This poll will fail. Well it already has ; D

ReputationRep:
    Successful application was successful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomato_Soup1992)
    Successful application was successful
    Well Done!!

ReputationRep:
    I applied to - and was accepted by - both Oxford and Cambridge (both unconditional and I did both degrees in the allotted three year time, finishing with first class honours. It cost me a bomb in train travel, but daddy says it was worth it for my education). Can you please put an extra option on your poll to reflect the applications of people like myself?

ReputationRep:
    TSR will hardly be representative of the general population. What I mean is 50% on TSR may be successful but then it may still be only 5% of the general pool of applicants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Addzter)
    I applied to - and was accepted by - both Oxford and Cambridge (both unconditional and I did both degrees in the allotted three year time, finishing with first class honours. It cost me a bomb in train travel, but daddy says it was worth it for my education). Can you please put an extra option on your poll to reflect the applications of people like myself?
    But what would it say? YES, NO or YES TO BOTH?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dam.p)
    TSR will hardly be representative of the general population. What I mean is 50% on TSR may be successful but then it may still be only 5% of the general pool of applicants.
    I understand, but this poll is nothing official, I'm just wondering about the people on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesclark95)
    But what would it say? YES, NO or YES TO BOTH?
    Yes to both.

ReputationRep:
    Haha.

I didn't apply to Oxbridge.

And I just polluted the results.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    DO NOT VOTE IF YOU DIDN'T APPLY!!As we all know, there is a lot of data saying 2% 5% and 20% got into Oxbridge. I want to find out myself. IF you applied to Oxbridge, and successfully got in (whether it was/wasn't the college of your first choice), vote YES.

Thanks
    See here and here. Making a TSR poll isn't going to give any reliable confirmation of stats you've heard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuodai)
    See here and here. Making a TSR poll isn't going to give any reliable confirmation of stats you've heard.
    I know, but I want to see the variation of statistics of admissions into Oxbridge.

ReputationRep:
    They publish the exactly statistics. At least Cambridge do. Not that they are very meaningful, since people who don't think they have a good chance of getting in tend to not apply to Oxbridge at all, which reduces the ratio of failed to successful applications. I don't think it's anything like 5%.

ReputationRep:
    Your sample is a) self selecting and b) too small

This is why your poll will fail.

ReputationRep:
    I voted for the fun of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Addzter)

YOU ARE TRULY AMAZING. WHAT DID YOU GET IN YOUR GCSE'S AND WHAT DID YOU STUDY IF I MAY ASK? i have no idea why i wrote that in capitals but hey!:p:

ReputationRep:
    if people vote for the fun of it, then i may too, i say MAY.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bslforever)
    Your sample is a) self selecting and b) too small

This is why your poll will fail.
    c) people will lie
    d) people will vote who didn't apply

It's a pointless poll, just check the applicants/places in the prospectuses. iirc it's between 1 in 3 and 1 in 5 for most courses.

ReputationRep:
    1/5 for my course.

If you're so interested, why not just check the websites? Not sure about Oxford, but Cambridge just put up the application statistics from this year's interviews.

ReputationRep:

Thanks
    Right, I applied english and history and was interviewed....
    of hehistory applicants I met, 1 got given a place out of the 6 I have on facebook

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.