The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Mahyor
That is a ridiculously stupid question.

If most people in this country were intolerant towards gay and lesbian people, gay people wouldn't have the equal rights that they have acquired in this country. It is precisely because most people in this country, around 60 per cent according to a recent study, do not regard homosexuality as immoral that gay people have, ignoring a few issues, equal rights and are tolerated.

It was the same question as yours except I changed the "muslim" bit to "british", so I'm glad you find your own question ridiculously stupid, just as I found it.
Reply 381
~The Mixed Race Girl~
It has changed a little bit since two years ago coz they alwyas have something new and ofcourse the heat is super! :yep: I kind of live between england and the UAE but this summer after my GCSE'S are over I might be going to stay there and do my A levels through distant learning coz of all my family and marriage ties blah blah blah. life is quite complicated sometimes :yep:

A little too crazy about Dubai? - your sig.

But again - who wouldn't be :p:
Reply 382
Annoying-Mouse
Yes, I want to criticise the ideology that made the law. That is Islam. Is it permissible to criticise Islam?

What did I say first post? Sure.
See my sig.
Reply 384
Annoying-Mouse
Yeah, I have been there. Visited many countries. Homosexuality is a taboo subject, therefore kind of hard to bring it up, don’t you agree?

Of course.
Tam_91
What did I say first post? Sure.

So, what's the probelm, then?
Reply 386
Annoying-Mouse
So, what's the probelm, then?

Nothing related that.
The problem obviously is that my point is british-muslims have different attitudes to these stuff than muslims in Islamic countries which you do not agree with.

The problem isn't to do with criticising Islam obviously as I've said god knows how many times now, to refer to my first post that I acknowledge you have a right to your opinion and are free to criticise Islam.
Reply 387
MazalTov89
See my sig.

Not cool man, not cool at all.:thumbsdown:
Tam_91
It was the same question as yours except I changed the "muslim" bit to "british", so I'm glad you find your own question ridiculously stupid, just as I found it.

What about british muslims?
Reply 389
morecambebay
What about british muslims?

Do I really have to repeat everything again?
Reply 390
Haris.gul
Not cool man, not cool at all.:thumbsdown:

Why not?
Let the Keyboard warriors have their day people, let's not ruin it for them. After all it's the only platform they have to do such things, they wouldn't dare carrying posters of Muhammad marching down Central. :wink:
~The Mixed Race Girl~
It has changed a little bit since two years ago coz they alwyas have something new and ofcourse the heat is super! :yep: I kind of live between england and the UAE but this summer after my GCSE'S are over I might be going to stay there and do my A levels through distant learning coz of all my family and marriage ties blah blah blah. life is quite complicated sometimes :yep:

Staying in the UAE is nicer than Britain in my opinion. Except for Ramadam though. I don't know wow can anyone survive the heat this year. :p:
Tam_91
Do I really have to repeat everything again?

Could you try and make it make sense this time. You can not use a country and a religion as comparisons for eachother. Its ridiculous.
Ewan
Why do you have a conservative banner next to a picture of Alan Sugar? (think about it :facepalm2:)

Their not linked? I know Lord sugar is a supporter of labour so what.
Ocassus
But they are still doing it from the root of one thing, which is Islam. Not every non-Muslim is drawing Mohammed? I dont really understand the argument. Are we arguing it is disrespectful? Yes it is

Are we arguing it is wrong? Yes it is

Are we arguing it is just? Yes it is.

And not every Muslim is a terrorist.

The argument was that I think it's disrespectful... From what you wrote, it looks like you agree.
Reply 396
morecambebay
Could you try and make it make sense this time. You can not use a country and a religion as comparisons for eachother. Its ridiculous.

Err actually I've been comparing British-Muslims and Eastern-Muslims in my previous posts if you actually read my previous posts rather than just that one post where I was showing how ridiculous that question was (yeah you probably didn't read that bit too). Anyway, like I said, go back and read my previous few posts to annoying-mouse if you feel the need to, because I can't be bothered to pick out and copy-paste stuff while I'm already multi-tasking with stuff (on here while trying to revise too).
maximusbarr
That's what I just said, they have a choice to be a muslim or not. They can't criticise religion and especially if you're an atheist. If it doesn't affect your life, why would you want to criticise it?

If I want to criticise religion, I can and should be able. What people believe is up to them as you said. I don't think this is a good idea personally, but you can choose to ignore it. If you react badly, these protests will only get worse/more frequent.

As I've said before, both sides are too blame, the group and extremists. The tension is there, the group is just a response to it.
Tam_91
Err actually I've been comparing British-Muslims and Eastern-Muslims in my previous posts if you actually read my previous posts rather than just that one post where I was showing how ridiculous that question was (yeah you probably didn't read that bit too). Anyway, like I said, go back and read my previous few posts to annoying-mouse if you feel the need to, because I can't be bothered to pick out and copy-paste stuff while I'm already multi-tasking with stuff (on here while trying to revise too).

I did read it, and its still ridiculous. You are essentially arguing that muslims get their religious beliefs from society instead of the quran.
G8D
It's not the EDM participants who are using their keyboards to issue death threats..

They're acting like angels on the facebook page. :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending