Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
hey um...anyone know the aim of the Stroop Effect expriment?? x
Leaby
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Stroop effect? Is this your coursework? I did my AS Edexcel coursework on the stroop effect... When you say 'Stroop effect study,' do you mean the original one by JR Stroop?
katygreen
hey thanx for replying, sorry i should ave been more specific...yeh its for my coursework n the original test by j.r Stroop, the one with the colours...do you know what the actual aim of the experiment is?
Leaby
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hmmm... Hang on, I'll check the appendices on my coursework and go and check.

Good choice of coursework by the way, it's really interesting, though you may find it difficult to word what you're trying to say throughout the report - I know I did!
Leaby
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The aim was probably something along the lines of 'to see if automatic processing of the incongruent word interferes with the naming of the colour.' On one Website, it says that this is what Stroop concluded, so it's probably what he aimed to research.
katygreen
(Original post by Leaby)
The aim was probably something along the lines of 'to see if automatic processing of the incongruent word interferes with the naming of the colour.' On one Website, it says that this is what Stroop concluded, so it's probably what he aimed to research.
The wordings exactly what im having problems with! thanx alot thats a big help appreciate it x
Leaby
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
OK, I hope that's what you wanted. If you need further help, don't hesitate to PM me if this thread's disappeared by then!
hannah7
Report 14 years ago
:eek: i am doing coursework on the stroop and cant get any background, what experiments have been done and by who please help!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1408)
79.68%
Leave (359)
20.32%

Watched Threads