Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering as I have an interview there soon, and Im currently in a job I dislike tbh so dont want to jump from the frying pan into the fire... 80% of the reviews I've read hasn't had a good word to say about working at StarBucks, and also the pay is supposedly really poor. Is it hard work?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend that works there and I think they find it quite stressful and get bossed around a lot. I imagine it would be stressful when it was busy, buy bossy people depends on the branch. Sadly you seem to get them eberywhere.

ReputationRep:
    I work in Starbucks, and I love it. I get on well with everyone that works there, and although when you first start, it's slightly stressful learning how to make the drinks etc, you pick it up really quickly, and it soon becomes second nature. Saying that, I work in a fairly small store, so I can't say for those who are applying to work in a very busy central city store...
    As for the pay, I'm on 6.20, which is well above minimum wage for my age group.
    I would recommend starbucks as an employer to anyone

ReputationRep:
    hmmmm... just the idea of having to memorise all those different coffee drinks... its not even like I drink coffee.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, I didn't drink coffee before I started working there, and I've worked there for over a year, and I still don't drink it unless I have to...
    I remember my boss asking me in the interview if I drank coffee often and not knowing what to say at all! :P

ReputationRep:
    yeah, I didn't drink coffee before I started working there, and I've worked there for over a year, and I still don't drink it unless I have to...
    I remember my boss asking me in the interview if I drank coffee often and not knowing what to say at all! :P

ReputationRep:
    bump............................ ..........

ReputationRep:
    I grew up in Seattle, Wa and worked at a Starbucks there. I dont know if you ever been to Seattle but it is the home of starbucks so they expect perform well. But I honestly wouldnt say it was harder work than any other job and they do train you. Not to mention when you leave you can make some awsome drinks for your friends for half the price.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerHow to become an online tutorCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.