Men: Does it pain you to see ...? Watch

dont finish that statemen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
how often females post insecure threads? Such as 'what body type do you like?' do you like a women who is a cheerleader?' 'should I be smart or on a sport team?"

Personally, I always assume if they act like this without a boyfriend they will be worse with one. ie " always Am I fat, which shirt do you prefer, would you love me more if I looked like her" and etc. So I tend to avoid most girls like this at all cost.

But does it seems alot of girls on TSR wish to give back some of their hard earned Independence for a man to cosign with approval of their appearance and lifestyle? Do you think women these days not any confidence? Do you find insecure women attractive?

My girlfriend is capable of making a decision, getting dresses and staying fit by herself which I find very sexy but are most men wanted girls would need them to pick in choose most aspects of there life? Am I missing something?
zjs
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Are you missing something? An accurate perception.
dont finish that statemen
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by thejonsmith)
Are you missing something? An accurate perception.
Please enlighten.
jo62
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No girl has relpied to this thread so far. I think they might be planning revenge to kill you.
Roocky
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No, could just be something to do with the fact a lot of the TSR community are still in our teens, maybe some feel more prone to outside pressures at this age, of course not trying to generalise, you'll still find a lot of people who don't care disproportinately about what the opposite sex thinks of thier image. oops sorry, not a man :p:
chronic_fatigue
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Men can be just as bad.
Advanced Subsidiary
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
This is H and R. People are supposed to post threads with issues that are bothering them. I don't see a problem with this at all.
riiight.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't know how representative girls on TSR are of women in general... Probably not very.

Not least because they aren't "women" yet, which is what you're comparing them with. All the insecure threads are just because they haven't grown into themselves yet.
MrCharmed
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No it's noral for women and men albeit men keep quiet alot. I moan, grumble and conform all the time.
LazyWorseThanInfidel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
no i just think everyone loves themselves and obsessed with how they look which is sad
lovely_me
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The womensfolk on TSR do not like you. Men does this too - especially on areas like height. We are all insecure OP and this is an internet forum.
katebushfan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I do see a lot of those threads, but it's not representative of the whole female population. I also see tons of threads by guys saying "I'm too short. Does she like me? Shall I call her? Am I too clingy? Does this look good on me - *pics inside*." Etc etc!

So this is an issue of general insecurity on TSR, not female insecurity.
campy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dont finish that statemen)
how often females post insecure threads? Such as 'what body type do you like?' do you like a women who is a cheerleader?' 'should I be smart or on a sport team?"

Personally, I always assume if they act like this without a boyfriend they will be worse with one. ie " always Am I fat, which shirt do you prefer, would you love me more if I looked like her" and etc. So I tend to avoid most girls like this at all cost.

But does it seems alot of girls on TSR wish to give back some of their hard earned Independence for a man to cosign with approval of their appearance and lifestyle? Do you think women these days not any confidence? Do you find insecure women attractive?

My girlfriend is capable of making a decision, getting dresses and staying fit by herself which I find very sexy but are most men wanted girls would need them to pick in choose most aspects of there life? Am I missing something?
I think on TSR you get equal numbers of boys and girls posting insecure threads. For example, I am about to go read another thread entitled 'do nice giuys always finish last?. This is most likely because an online forum for students is a good place to get opinions and advice from people your own age. You are a new member. Please do not make uneducated generalisations.
campy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by riiight.)
I don't know how representative girls on TSR are of women in general... Probably not very.

Not least because they aren't "women" yet, which is what you're comparing them with. All the insecure threads are just because they haven't grown into themselves yet.
Well done. How am I not a woman? I am an adult female. I am a woman. What are you? A boy? Probably.

I agree though, population on TSR=not represenattive of population in general. No one in real life asks things like 'does ******* a lot shrink your balls?'

EDIT: sorry, *does masturbating a lot...
HermioneLockhart
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dont finish that statemen)

i completely agree with you, and i think a lot of girls are very insecure.
personally, i wear what i want, and do as i like- it's nice when you get a compliment

but i will say, girls in general, like having a particular person that is theirs. like a best friend or a boyfriend that they can just grab onto whenever they need to.
so the whole insecurity thing comes from the fact that guys don't need this direct support system, so we perhaps dont feel as important to you as you are to us; we have to make sure you don't run away in whatever way possible :P

Hermione
xxx
CityOfMyHeart
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by jo62)
No girl has relpied to this thread so far. I think they might be planning revenge to kill you.
Haha that made me lol :rolleyes:

It pains me to see those threads too y'know, despite being female 'n' all.
riiight.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by campy)
Well done. How am I not a woman? I am an adult female. I am a woman. What are you? A boy? Probably.

I agree though, population on TSR=not represenattive of population in general. No one in real life asks things like 'does ******* a lot shrink your balls?'

EDIT: sorry, *does masturbating a lot...
I can't tell if you're agreeing or disagreeing, you seem to do both. I said "in general". If you're 18+, you are one of the minority on here who can call themselves an adult. So can I. But most can't, hence not representative.
Tsukuyomi
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Dude more dumb ass guys post pics asking for people to rate them.
Its a shame we dont get a fine semi naked chick asking ask to rate her.
campy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by riiight.)
I can't tell if you're agreeing or disagreeing, you seem to do both. I said "in general". If you're 18+, you are one of the minority on here who can call themselves an adult. So can I. But most can't, hence not representative.
Oh I see, sorry. I was mostly being pedantic about what you said (I think there are a lot of 18+ on here actually...but that's irrelevant-I just assumed you were being a poo-head...sorry!). I do agree though with tsr not being representative. But my actual response to OP was that there are just as many threads from guys being insecure. And that on tsr you're bound to find more people complaining about insecurities because it's sort of anon (especially if you actually use anon) and it's a forum for students to talk about things which concern them
NothingCrushesUs
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by jo62)
I'll second that ^_^

NothingCrushesUs
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (22)
43.14%
Pro-humanity (29)
56.86%

Watched Threads