do nice guys always finish last?? Watch

TheKaiser
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
hey , ever heard of the saying 'nice guys always finish last' i was wondering is it true?? Do jerks always taste success with girls?? Have your say as its a interesting topic
Advanced Subsidiary
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
1)Good Guys
2)Bad Guys
3)Nice Guys

Doesn't get anymore real than this.
goodmen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
nice guy is a synonym for pushover
James69
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Nice guys always seem to be the pervy ones too.
They're boring though. Simple as.
Tsukuyomi
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
**** these threads. Its gotten boring.
Stop complaining about a ***** not like you
qwertyzxc
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Because they are boring apparently. Girls want excitement. So do drugs and set a car on fire .
SmileyGurl13
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Nice guys come top with me
Lexi99
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Basically, yes.

But the way you say 'nice guy' immediately makes me think of a pushover, pussy, wimp, whatever you wanna call it. Someone you doesnt know how to stick up for himself. Thats not what a girl wants. If someone started yelling at me or trying to grope me in a bar, i wanna know that my bf is gonna stick up for me and protect me. I dont see a 'nice' guy doing that.

So yes 'nice' guy finish last but 'good' guys, like above who are still nice and caring but manly and protective at the same time will finish first
SmileyGurl13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by qwertyzxc)
Because they are boring apparently. Girls want excitement. So do drugs and set a car on fire .
fail.
Tsukuyomi
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Lexi99)
Basically, yes.

But the way you say 'nice guy' immediately makes me think of a pushover, pussy, wimp, whatever you wanna call it. Someone you doesnt know how to stick up for himself. Thats not what a girl wants. If someone started yelling at me or trying to grope me in a bar, i wanna know that my bf is gonna stick up for me and protect me. I dont see a 'nice' guy doing that.

So yes 'nice' guy finish last but 'good' guys, like above who are still nice and caring but manly and protective at the same time will finish first
I wouldnt say im a nice guy, but i wouldnt come between my gf and a random guy. Id like see how she reacts to the situation.
I like being entertained
Mm_Minty
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hmm, I'd say that nice guys start off pretty poorly and end up pretty good.
The dark horses, so to speak.
Wardy23
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No. I'm a nice guy and I finished first.
Tommyjw
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Im a nice guy.. i always get the girl i want, and they are always the "hot girls of the school" (they have amazing personalities too, im attracted to personalities not image, not shallow xD )

Btw some have said nice guys are boring.. Not really.. not necessarily anyway
campy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My boyfriend is nice...? He's always sweet to me, would never be disrespectful, is kind to his friends and family...on the whole, he's genuinely quite nice.
qwertyzxc
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by SmileyGurl13)
fail.
Well on another thread pretty much all girls said, they want excitement, to disobey they rules or they think they can change them. Destroying property and doing drugs are disobeying the rules aren't they? It would be nice for a girl to "change" that person.
James69
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
How are nice guys not boring? Nice is the most vanilla thing. It's like...your not funny, or charming, or good looking, or exciting. That's what a 'nice guy' really is. Someone who can't be described in any other word.
SmileyGurl13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by qwertyzxc)
Well on another thread pretty much all girls said, they want excitement, to disobey they rules or they think they can change them. Destroying property and doing drugs are disobeying the rules aren't they? It would be nice for a girl to "change" that person.
Well I wouldn't go out with someone like that. Okay nice guys may not finish first with short term relationships but long term we want nice (well i do anyways)
SmileyGurl13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Tommyjw)
Im a nice guy.. i always get the girl i want, and they are always the "hot girls of the school" (they have amazing personalities too, im attracted to personalities not image, not shallow xD )

Boasting much
James69
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Tommyjw)
Im a arrogant guy.. i always get the girl i want, and they are always the "hot girls of the school" (they have amazing personalities too, im attracted to personalities not image, not shallow xD )

:rolleyes:
BeanofJelly
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If by nice, you actually mean boring, then yes. Think about whether you actually mean boring.

If you mean "nice" as in, decent, considerate, then I would say no. I mean, those are attractive qualities, I really don't believe I am the only girl who doesn't want to date a ********.

It's not as though people are "nice" or "not" though, people have a mix of good and bad traits. So I can't help but think this "nice" group you're referring to are the watery, dull kind of guys that think because they haven't an ounce of cheek in them that they are somehow entitled to girls :mad:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (109)
19.82%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (223)
40.55%
Nope, not that interesting (218)
39.64%

Watched Threads