Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My firm choice for ucas (as mentioned above) is economics with actuarial science, regarding this decision I just have a few questions regarding the course itself and of course the university!!!!

1.) How well is this course respected amongst actuarial employers i.e. could it lead to top actuarial companies?

2.) This course is 3 years, does that mean its pretty intense throughout all years as exemptions are vital as well?

3.) I havent previously studied economics at uni, how much of a downfall is that?

4.) Is there an even balance of these two rather than say 70% econ and 30% AS?

5.) Is there much maths involved in the course? ( I know its a stupid question the reason Im asking is while the economics side have numerous maths topics and can one pic mathematical modules?)

6.) How good are the quality of lectures for this course?

7.) If one is unhappy with first year can they possible swap to another economic degree or the maths adn actuarial science degree?

8.) Is it relatively sunny term in terms of against north of england?

9.) Lastly, i know im repeating myself, but how good actually are job prospects????

much appreciated!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 19, 2010
Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.