Turn on thread page Beta

GCSE's early!! :( watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Im in year 10 and our schools making us do some gcses a year early, we have to do english, french, and their also making some of us do a triple course in science, a full course in PE and in RE in short course time which is really annoying.
    The thing is its making me really stressed an i recently just went into the total opposite of myself because of stress and because my friends who are doing the same don't seem to care too much about it.
    I was just wondering if there was anyone else doing gcses early an how to cope with the stress, its really hard and i dont feel like i can talk to people about it "/

ReputationRep:
    I did maths a year early and statistics, got A and B respectively. I didnt revise, didnt for any of GCSE's. Seriously dont worry, GCSE's are easy and u can get really good grades without revising, and even better ones by a small amount. Well .. a small amount compared to A Level revision.

ReputationRep:
    We did a few of them early and although it's stressful right now you'll be so thankful in year 11.

Just work through them one at a time, maybe create a list off all the GCSEs you have to do and once you've completed one put a line through it.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry just think your school wouldn't allow you to do it early if they didn't think you were capable. I did a gcse early in year 9 which I think was just too early (I was such an idiot in year 9 and had no idea how to revise). Just try to be calm about it (easier said than done I know) but be happy that you will have these out of the way so year 11 will be a bit better. To be fair I think your school have gone a bit overboard on the earlies, I understand doing a couple early but that many is a bit silly because the extra year is really helpful to improve revision/exam technique but I'm sure you will do fine.
    Is it just a feeling of being overwhelmed? because I know that feeling and it's hard to give advice about but just try to relax and realise that it isn't the biggest deal in the world and it will all be good when it's over

ReputationRep:
    Done maths and english lit early , got B's in both. Don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the advice and i dont know how you could do a gcse in Y9 Jamjes! I hope you did well
    I've got my Biology tomorrow, too bad i hate it xD

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.