(Original post by Indievertigo)
x
(Original post by Musty_Elbow)
x
(Original post by daniel_williams)
x
(Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
x
I'm just quoting a few people who either have voted for the 7th and not posted here or haven't confirmed. Do you guys know if you'll be able to make it? I'll be updating the first post soon and sending out PM's late next week.
Drogue
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Metrobeans)
I'm just quoting a few people who either have voted for the 7th and not posted here or haven't confirmed. Do you guys know if you'll be able to make it? I'll be updating the first post soon and sending out PM's late next week.
I'll put a reminder for MPs in the update tonight to confirm here too
daniel_williams
Badges: 15
Report 8 years ago
I'm not sure of my availability at the moment, work seems to be consuming my life! for 3 days either side of that weekend I'm going to be doing the work of 3 people due to them having holiday booked at the same time, so chances are I may need to head into work on the saturday morning at least.

keep me posted on what is going on and I'll hopefully be able to let you know at some point early next week as to what my workload will be looking like!
Thunder and Jazz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I should be there but I'm not sure. I go to Holland soon and I think I'm back the 5th but I'm an idiot so I might be wrong.
Indievertigo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I can't make it, I'm working in manchester on the Friday and my return flight was booked to return on the Saturday. I asked for it to be booked for Friday night or Sunday, so obviously they were going to book it for the Saturday, my fault :tongue:

I'm annoyed, I was intending on coming to this one
Drogue
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I should point out, in case it makes a difference for everyone, that as Deputy Speaker (and based on precedent, simply as me) I'll be buying the first round. Or since we're in a park, bringing a load of drinks with me
ByronicHero
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Drogue)
I should point out, in case it makes a difference for everyone, that as Deputy Speaker (and based on precedent, simply as me) I'll be buying the first round. Or since we're in a park, bringing a load of drinks with me
What kind of time do these things run from and till?
Drogue
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by paddy__power)
Usually they start early/mid afternoon (have we not decided on a time yet) and run until people have to leave. Some peter out around 8ish, some after dinner around 9-10ish, and some end up still going strong at midnight. I tend to try and make them closer to the latter... :innocent:
username280380
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'll put a reminder for MPs in the update tonight to confirm here too
What time is today's updates?
Metrobeans
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
We're meeting at 1pm at Marble Arch. I reckon it will go on till the evening but if people want to drop in/out at different times, that's fine.
Drogue
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Afcwimbledon2)
What time is today's updates?
I'm doing it now.
Metrobeans
Rep:
?
Also, if people are coming from outside of London and would like someone to meet them at the train station, drop me a PM.
ByronicHero
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Usually they start early/mid afternoon (have we not decided on a time yet) and run until people have to leave. Some peter out around 8ish, some after dinner around 9-10ish, and some end up still going strong at midnight. I tend to try and make them closer to the latter... :innocent:
I would be tempted to come with an assurance that a few people are in the latter camp :holmes:, make the most of the trip and all that jazz.
ByronicHero
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
We're meeting at 1pm at Marble Arch. I reckon it will go on till the evening but if people want to drop in/out at different times, that's fine.
Never been there but know where it is, why there? I would of thought Hyde Park Corner/victoria or something would have made more sense but I would imagine it's been explained if I read back XD
Adorno
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hmm, I might be able to wangle my way out of babysitting but the next question becomes ... the train fare!
Metrobeans
Rep:
?
Never been there but know where it is, why there? I would of thought Hyde Park Corner/victoria or something would have made more sense but I would imagine it's been explained if I read back XD
It's just because Marble Arch is easily recognisable so everyone will be able to find it on their exit from the station. Victoria has too many exits and Hyde Park Corner has a few.
ByronicHero
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's just because Marble Arch is easily recognisable so everyone will be able to find it on their exit from the station. Victoria has too many exits and Hyde Park Corner has a few.
True enough, people who have not been to London much or are just useless at navigating are better served this way.
Metrobeans
Rep:
?
(Original post by Adorno)
Hmm, I might be able to wangle my way out of babysitting but the next question becomes ... the train fare!
Hmmm. I'll admit my Welsh geography is terrible! :p: What's your nearest train station, are you anywhere near Cardiff?
Drogue
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If anyone fancies staying late and needs a place to crash, I can offer my flat. I have a spare double bed, sofa and plenty of floor space. Depending on when Helen's working though we may need to be quiet...

I would be tempted to come with an assurance that a few people are in the latter camp :holmes:, make the most of the trip and all that jazz.
I certainly will be, and usually there are a couple. I'll mention in the update tonight

Marble Arch tends to be easier to get to from the mainline stations and is easier to meet at.
Adorno
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hmmm. I'll admit my Welsh geography is terrible! :p: What's your nearest train station, are you anywhere near Cardiff?
My nearest train station is (in station code) PPD but travelling up to London I tend to go to my nan's in the West Country as travelling out of Bristol Temple Meads is cheaper and quicker. My main quibble is that it's £40!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (150)
18.61%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.8%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (137)
17%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (114)
14.14%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.8%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed